S.H.I.E.L.D.

I spent the next few weeks choreographing dances and improving skills. When I went into the kitchen to get some water I overheard a conversation.
"Laura she's fifteen! We said we'd let them start training at fifteen!"
"She just got here Clint! Don't you think S.H.I.E.L.D is a bit much?" Now I'm curious. What's shield?
"She is 100% ready. The training could help her in the long run." I still wanna know what they're talking about

"And what happens if HYDRA comes back? I thought you and Nick decided to keep our family separate from your work."
Who's Nick and what's a hydra? I'm so confused.
"And I thought we decided to take our kids to S.H.I.E.L.D when they're fifteen."

"What about this gymnastics thing she wants to do? Won't it clash?" It better not! I'm gonna be elite and I'll have dance tours.
"We can always make it work." That's it, I have to ask.

"Mom, Dad, what's S.H.I.E.L.D?" Mom doesn't seem to want to answer that so Dad is. "It's where I work."
"Work?" Now I'm confused. Why would you get a fifteen year old a job.
"Your father is a superhero named Hawkeye." WHAT
"He's a WHAT?! Since when and what's S.H.I.E.L.D?"
"S.H.I.E.L.D is the agency where we work."
"We? Who's we?" Laura wants to
answer this one.
"The Avengers. And your father here thinks it's such a great idea for you to train there!" She seems angry on this one but I can't focus on that right now. AVENGER?!!!!!
"Hold up! My Dad's an Avenger? A-and he wants me to be one." I've heard about the Avengers, I just didn't follow them much.

"You're not gonna be an Avenger you'll just train with me. To defend yourself. It might even improve your fitness for gymnastics and dance and your gymnastics background might help you in S.H.I.E.L.D."
"Speaking of gymnastics and dance, what will I do about time?"
"Like I said to your mother, we can always make it work. However, it's all up to you. Do you want to be a S.H.I.E.L.D agent?"

I have to be smart about the way I answer this question. I don't wanna have to quit anything. "How about this, IF it doesn't clash with gymnastics and dance then I will consider it."
"That's all I need." Laura rolled her eyes at Dad's statement.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter.😬 Hope you still like the book tho.😁 Love u guys xx❤️💖)