twenty

"you know, these movies are entirely too dramatic

"you know, these movies are entirely too dramatic."

"honey. shut up."

"jeez. you're so rude john."

"i wouldn't be so rude if you didn't always talk during movies."

"i don't just talk. i give commentary. i have a lot of opinions."

"for christ sake. write them down, and we can talk about them in the car."

"i didn't bring my notebook."

"if course you didn't."

"i'm so glad we're just at the flat watching films on the telly. had we gone to a theater you two would've gotten us all kicked out."

"shut up brian."

john and i turn our heads to each other glaring slightly.

"i hate that." we say simultaneously, causing us to glare at each other harder.

"stop it."

"shut up."

we both groan as brian waves his finger at us.

"seriously. that isn't normal. you guys should be apart of some medical study or something. i'm serious."

"brian will you shut up about that yet?" roger groans as he walks back into the living room and filling my wine glass again.

i smile at him, nodding my head as a silent thanks. he nods back, his signature smirk smeared across his lips. i notice john's eyes flicker back and forth between us and he bums his elbow against mine, making be drop my bag of gummy bears onto the floor. my beautiful rainbow gummies slipping out onto the floor.

"john!"

"sorry. here. let's go get you a new bag." he exclaims, attempting to pull me up off the couch.

"nope. you're getting me a new bag. i'm not getting up. the hospital is as busy as ever and my feet hurt. so you go buy me a new bag."

"but the movie will be over by then."

"i can go if you want me t-"

"no brian."

"john are you alright?"

john's hard gaze trails off towards where roger slouches against the back his seat, and it finally clicks in my head. i roll my eyes, pulling him down to my level.

"if i can be civil, so can you. now go get me more gummy bears."

john pulls away from me, pouting as he rubs his elbow.

"you have a harsh grip."

"that's what you get for being such a tosspot."

roger chuckles, covering his mouth with his hand.