twenty eight

my fingers drum nervously on top of my bump, well hidden underneath the large amounts of dress fabric

"what if he changes his mind and i'm left standing at the altar alone?"

"then we kill him."

"john we can't just kill the man."

"no. we definitely can."

"mary please i-"

"just stop it, he's not going to abandon you. he's going to be standing there, waiting for you at the end on the aisle. and you guys will be married and you'll have your babies and everything will be great and i'll go to bali and camila and i will have the best time ever. i think we should-"

"alright john, it's my wedding. please." i chuckle nervously as i pat my face, attempting to pat away any moisture.

mary sighs, grabbing my hands and taking them away from my face. she smiles gently as me and takes my head in her hands.

"everything is going to be great. this is the second happiest day of your life, honey. act like it."

i sigh, nodding and leaning against her hand.

"you know....if i didn't know any better i'd say you two were in love." camila points at us with her fork, a piece of mango at the end of it.

mary and i shrug, turning our bodies towards her.

"it's not the first time we've heard that." i admit as mary giggles, shaking her head. 

"yet here we are, still not married."

"to be fair, you're marrying roger right now. literally right now."

"you say the word and i'll run."

we all laugh and mary plays with one of the soft curls framing my face. 

"can you believe it? i'm really marrying roger taylor right now. so many women would kill to be in my place."

"don't be exclusive. men would kill to be in your place, too." ashton points out as he lazily throws himself across the chair in the corner of the room. 

"we love an inclusive man." i chuckle, rolling my eyes. 

i take a deep breath, nervously running my hands over my dress again. 

"keep doing that and the dress just might fall off." john says to me, grabbing my hand lightly. 

"i'm just nervous, johnny."