twenty five

"alright, we've got half a week until live aid

"alright, we've got half a week until live aid. and if jim isn't there, i swear to you i will make a fool out of queen and shout him out on global television."

"fred, we'll find him, don't worry." i chuckle as i lean back against the couch and rest my hand on my small bump.

i was four months pregnant and let me tell you, this was not an easy process. to start, john was right, twins for god sakes. so you could only imagine the toll that's taking on my body. i couldn't sleep, i was throwing up everything but chocolate covered strawberries (never regular strawberries), carrots, and potato chips with peanut butter. the occasional glass of orange juice was acceptable, but otherwise, only water. the near sight of milk made me lose my senses and the smell of cigarettes now burns my insides so badly that roger's given them up entirely and rewashed all of his clothes in order to help aid my pain. roger has been the absolute best possible father to-be during this whole process. always by my side, tending to my every need., and as john would say, 'doing everything he should and can possibly do because this is literally all his fault.' now, freddie has me on the floor, calling every jim hutton in london.

"hello? honey? are you listening?" fred snaps his finger in front of my face.

"oh! sorry. i dazed off."

"we've no time to daze off honey! we have to find jim!"

"how about we ask roger? he's always got good intuition about these sorts of things."

as if on cue, roger walks in with my bowl of potato chips along with a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. i groan staring at the delectable snacks being placed in front of me and roger sits behind me on the couch and places his hands on my shoulders, giving me a soft shoulder rub.

"what've i got good intuition about?"

"mm!" i mumble with my mouthful as i hand roger a phone book.

"pick a jim hutton to call. just not the one i've crossed out already."

he hums softly, taking the phone book from my hand and he reaches forward, placing his chin on my head and placing the book softly in my lap pointing to the second to last number.

"that one."

i nod, sliding the book over the fred, pointing at the number roger had just seconds ago. fred nods, taking the book into the other room and presumably dialing the number. roger places his large hands on my small bump, making it nearly disappear. he slides off the couch, laying his head on my lap, facing my belly.

"you two really need to stop being so picky with your food choices. daddy's running to the store every two days to buy you guys more chips."

i smile and run my fingers through rogers hair as he smiles, kissing the small bump softly. he leans in closely, whispering softly.

"but no matter how picky, we love you so much. even though you don't ever let your mum sleep. you should stop that. let her sleep. she's a busy working woman for crying out loud."

i chuckle, shaking my head at him. i feel the soft fluttering of the babies movements, causing me to smile even wider.

"do you think they can hear me?"

"they can hear you, rog. i can feel them move a lot whenever you talk to them."

"do you think they know who i am?"

i place my hand on his cheek, leaning down and giving him a soft peck.

"they know who you are rog. you refer to yourself in the third person whenever you're talking to them anyways."

"yeah but-"

"who else is going to refer to you as daddy?"

"you."

"alright-"

freddie bursts from the room, a large smile on his face.

"it was him."

"did you talk to him?"

"no, but it was his voice. i heard his voicemail."

"if you weren't talking to him then what were you doing in there so long?"

"listening you roger talk to the babies. made my heart burst." he pouts playfully.

"i make a lot of things burst-"

freddie and i gasp and scream simultaneously as i place my hand over the sides of my stomach.

"ROGER THE BABIES CAN HEAR YOU!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: sorry it's so short! i've been sosososososososososososo busy lately and so i just wanted to give you guys a bit of a filler before getting to the juicy mcjuicy stuff. also, this book is like...almost over. only five chapters and the epilogue left. do you guys want a sequel? or like...would that be overkill? iDK MAN. I JUS WANNA MAKE YA'LL HAPPY.