twenty two

rubbing my tired eyes, i squint them ever so slightly as the light peeks through the room

rubbing my tired eyes, i squint them ever so slightly as the light peeks through the room. roger's arm wrapped loosely around my waist, soft snore erupting from his mouth. his mess of blonde hair spewed all across his forehead. i groan, rolling out of bed, my legs wobbling ever so slightly as i stood up out of bed. roger mumbles and turns over, gripping the sheets tightly.

"jesus honey. so much for having self control" i scolded myself as i throw on rogers silk button up and make my way out of the bedroom.

i trail my fingers over the walls of the beautiful home. my feet pressing against the ice cold tiles. wood might've been nice, but then again, someone just bought me a house. who am i to complain? i chuckle to myself as i make my way into the other bedrooms. all practically turned upside down due to roger and i's...shenanigans...last night. i wander into the other rooms and stop at the last room at the end of the hall. the sunlight hitting every corner beautifully. highlighting the glistening white paint that made the room almost unbearably bright.

"the realtor said this room would make a beautiful nursery."

i snap my head around to see roger tiredly leaning up against the door frame. i feel my cheeks heating up as i tuck a small piece of hair behind my ear. nodding, i walk past him, making my way back down the hall and into the downstairs area. his hand wraps around my wrist lightly and he pulls me into him.

"we gonna talk yet? or are you going to shamefully mood around our home and then eventually explode and probably cry?"

i chuckle softly and shake my head as he rubs his fingertips up and down my spine.

"what are we doing roger? we spent...all this time apart. you were with an entirely different woman. and now all of a sudden we're living in the same home? am i just supposed to forgive you and forget everything you did? what is john going to think? what is everyone else going to think? we weren't the only ones who went through that. i wasn't the only one in pain. how do i know i'm not just being stupid? i-"

"ally honey deacon. i'm sorry for what i did. from the bottom of my heart, i'm sorry. i was being selfish. and i should've never even thought of another woman in that way let alone act on those thoughts. you put an insurmountable amount of trust in me, and i broke it. i made you look like a fool. even worse, i made you feel like a fool. and for that i'm sorry. but know that i love you with every ounce of my being. i'm in love with you. i'll never stop being in love with you. you're the only woman i've ever truly loved. and you're the only woman i ever will love."

"all i could think about last night was wether or not you did these things with domonique. if you had said those things to her. if-"

"truthfully, i don't know how to fix that. but i'll spend the rest of my life trying. if you just give me the chance to. and like i said, i don't have to live here with you if you don't want me to. i bought this house for you."