• over protective.

»»°•Zonnique•°««

"How'd you sleep last night, princess?"

      I darted my eyes towards Chresanto who had just entered the room. Wonderful—I felt like saying. Instead, I giggled and said, "Much better than the other night. Where did you go?"

"I went out to buy you breakfast." He showed me the bag.

"I need to brush my teeth first." I told him, sitting up.

"Who brushed your teeth yesterday morning? I know you didn't because of your arms." He chuckled.

"A nurse did it. She made me feel like I was fucking five years old." I pouted. "But, I'll do it-"

"Don't worry, I'll do it." He offered. "Where's the toothbrush?"

      I pointed at it on the table that also had toothpaste on it. After putting the toothpaste on my toothbrush, he approached me. "Open your mouth."

        I did as he said and he slowly brush my teeth inside my mouth. I winced once I felt the toothbrush hit the inner side of my right cheek. He chuckled and apologize. He brushed my front teeth and grabbed a bowl that was on the floor. "Spit."

      When we were done with all that, he fed me my breakfast. "Did I scream this morning?" I asked, my mouth full of pancake.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." He whispered to me.

"Stop treating me like a kid." I chuckled. "I am 17 years old."

"You're still a kid."

"Am not!" I denied. "Then so are you. Aren't you 17 also?"

"No." He laughed and shook his head. "I'm 18."

"Fuck you." I pouted, as he fed me another pancake. "So, did I scream this morning?"

He shook his head. "You slept calmly."

I nodded and couldn't help but to think. Its only because he held me all night last night. "I want juice now."

      I drank the grape juice he just gave me. It had a straw and he held the cup for me while I sip. I stopped drinking. I look out the window. It was gloomy outside, dark clouds scattered all over the sky. Its about to rain soon.

"I hate this weather." I spoke. "It scares me."

"Well, you're in luck 'cause I'm gonna be here all day." He smiled.

"Chres, you have to go home." I told him. "You can't be here with me all day."

"Do you want me to leave?" He inquired.

"No, but you-"

     "Then, I'm not going anywhere. You told your dad to call me before you got shot. So, I'll be here for you." He shrugged.

"Thanks." I blushed.

        Dr. Carol walked in, saying goodmorning to both us, earning the same polite greeting back. "I just came here to check on you. I saw you walking around yesterday. How was it?"

"It was a bit difficult to walk and my back was aching. Plus, I can barely move my arms. It's such a pain." I told her.

She nodded and walked towards me. "Do you mind sitting up for me, Ms. Pullins?"

       I shook my head and sat myself up, since I was laying down. The doctor pressed her fingers hard on my back, making me moan in pain. She pressed her fingers gently this time and I winced.