• a change of mind?

»»°•Zonnique•°««

"Get up, you're free to go." The office startled me from my nap.

       I groaned and sat myself up. I squinted my eyes and looked around at the cell before looking at the officer. What he said just registered in my brain. "What?"

"I said, you're free to go." He repeated.

"I'm free to go?" I gave him a puzzled look. "My five months aren't even over." I stood up anyway.

     He ignored me and walked me to the lobby. They made me signed some papers before I walked out of the jail house. I descented down the steps with my belongings in my hand.

     I saw Chresanto leaning against the passenger door of his car. He was looking down at his phone, texting away. I went and stood in front of him and smiled.

"You bailed me out?"

      He look up at me and returned the smile. Before he could even nod, I pulled him into tight hug. He wrap his arms around my waist and spun me around, as we both laugh.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed. "I promise, I'll pay you the whole money-"

He shook his head. "No need."

      "I love you so much!" I hugged him again and quickly pulled away, realizing what I said. I chuckled nervously. "You know, as a f-friend."

He chuckled. "I love you too."

       I smiled before we both got in the car. He sped away from the jail house. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Feels good to be out."

"I bet." Chresanto laughed.

     We both stayed quiet for a moment. I stared outside the window and smiled. It felt like I've been locked up for years. The only friend I made for those two months was Xavier, though he never knew my name—he called me stranger. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him.

"What'chu thinking about?" He asked.

"Nothing important." I shrugged. "How was the graduation?" I looked at him.

"It was alright," He chuckled. "We missed you, though."

"Who's we?"

"Jacob, Bahja, Ray." He look away from the road and smiled at me. "Me."

    "Jacob and Ray don't miss me. They never came to visit me in jail," I crossed my arms over my chest. "They forgot all about me."

     "We were all very busy, Nique," He began. "The graduation, and Jacob was trynna find a job. Ray actually helped me bailed you out."

     I nodded and stayed quiet once again. Chresanto parked in front of his house. We got down the car and I opened the front door. I settled down on the couch and sighed.

"Where's your dad?" I glanced at him, who was drinking a water bottle. "I think he's gonna fire me."

"He went somewhere, as usual." He set the water bottle down. "You free tomorrow night?"

"Yes, of course." I stood up, walking towards him. I tilted my head. "Why? Wanna take me out?"

"What made you think that's what I was gonna ask you?" He chuckled then a smirk plastered on his face afterwards.

    "That's what people usually ask when they wanna take someone out." I chuckled. "But, maybe, I'm wrong. I don't know."

    "You're actually not." He did a small laugh. "I do wanna take you out tomorrow afternoon, actually. You cool with that?"