Decisions

•Jasmine Nichole•

"I'm backkkkk!" I screamed walking into Quints house with bags of groceries in my hand.

"Why you screaming girl?" He rubbed his hand down his waves.

"Sorry boo" I laughed kissing his check then placing the groceries on the counter.

"You and Ken talk things out ?" He asked taking groceries out of the bags and placing them were they needed to be.

I started getting these out to make the tacos. "Ummm no..." I cleared my throat.

"Well what did y'all do?" He asked looking over at me.

I liked Quint a lot, he seemed to like me too and I knew he still couldn't stand kentrell, he could've been killed him but he hasn't because of me.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. "We had sex" I signed.

He chuckled before shaking his head, I grabbed his forearm before he could walk away.

"Quint..."

"Mannn l-"

"He was about to kill himself... that was the only way to stop him" I cut him off.

He snatched away from me. "Sex? Sex was the only way to stop him? Or the only way YOU could think of to stop him?" He yelled, I looked at him in shock.

"When you gonna realize he doesn't give a fuck about you! That he's using you for sex and a quick nut!? Get that through your thick ass skull Jasmine ! Stop being fucking stupid! This nigga got you pregnant and threw his own son over a staircase and you still fucking with him!? Your son about to be taken away from you because of him and you care weather this nigga still breathing or not ? You just as crazy as he is" he looked me up and down before grabbing his car keys and walking out the door.

I stood there in silence as his words replayed over and over in my head.

It's time for me to let kentrell go... for good this time.

I sat down and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

(Play while reading along)

I Threw away your love letters
I thought it'd made me feel better
I finally got you out my bed
But I still can't get you out my head, ooh
I'm sending you one text at a time
I know your by your phone
So boy pick up your line
And I ain't too proud to beg
So what's been said has been said
And I need you to know
You don't know what love is
And I need you to know, you don't know
And you don't know what love is
If you don't put up a fight
You don't know what love is
If you don't stay up all night, crying
Boy and you don't know what love is
If you're too good to call a million times
And you say you know what love is
But I swear you never seen it in your life, ooh
I swear you never seen it in your life

"I can't do this" I cried balling up the paper as summer walker "session 32" played throughout the house.

Kentrell was my first in everything! And he's a piece of me but he's not what me or my son need right now. A man like Quint is what we need, a man that's willing to do anything for us! A man that would never picture hurting me.

Everything is just moving so
fast...ken is the man I'm in love with but Quint is the man I need.

The door bell rung knocking me outta my thoughts, I went to the door and opened it to see it was pouring down raining.

"What are yo-"

Before I could finish my sentence he pulled me into the rain with him and kissed me deeply.

"W-wait" I said pulling away from the kiss.

"Marry me"