schedule

summer sat in her first block, tapping her foot quietly to the beat of a song she was listening to. scrolling through her notifications, someone walked through the door, 30 minutes late to class. summer couldn't be bothered to pay attention til said student took a seat next to her. she looked up at a familiar face, matt champion. it didn't surprise her that he was late, especially on the first day back from summer break. he let out an audible sigh as he set his stuff down, sitting in the seat next to her. summer went back to scrolling through her notifications, clicking on a message from one of her friends.

MESSAGES
ian (kevin lol)
why is he sitting next to you

summer texted back 3 letters. idk. she put her phone down and laid her head on her desk. around 15 minutes later, the bell rung, signaling class change. summer gathered her stuff, walking towards ian.

"hey simpson."

"don't call me that" ian scoffed, throwing his book bag over his back.

"fine. helloo clifford." summer had a smug smile on her face as he gave her the hardest death glare. she just laughed, walking out into the hall with him.

"it must suck knowing your parent's best friend's son hates you huh?"

"ian that doesn't help me with my situation. you know that right? if he had any other choice not to sit next to me he would've taken it."

"summer there were three empty seats. he wants to make your life a living hell, i can feel it." summer rolled her eyes at his comment, walking up the stairs to her next class.

"i'll see you at lunch, bye." summer waved and ian returned the favor back, as they parted ways. summer started typing a message to ian, accidentally bumping into another peer as she did so, not bothered to look up.

text to ian (kevin lol): how do you know he hates me?

ian (kevin lol): me and him have been best friends for years. he doesn't like you, thats all i know. :/

text to ian (kevin lol): fuck. ok.

ian (kevin lol): why does it matter? u got a lil smth for my best bud?

ian (kevin lol): just say the word and ill get you something out of the situation.

text to ian (kevin lol): i do NOT. but i fw you for trying ❤️ ok? just drop the situ.

ian (kevin lol): nope ;)

summer sighed as she walked into her classroom, sitting in the desk with her name written on a notecard. she looked around the class, knowing literally nobody in the class. she put her headphones in and laid her head down, only looking forward to lunch and to go home.

the rest of the day went by slowly, summer learned she had two classes and the lunch period with matt, but it couldn't bother her any. summer went hope, trying not to think about dinner tonight. her mom insisted we ate with the champions to "celebrate" our first day of senior year. it was stressful to say the least. summer stared at her closet, not sure exactly why she was trying to impress anyone's son. she threw on a grey trasher hoodie and some black skinny jeans, looking in her mirror and fixing her hair. as soon as summer hit the bottom of the stairs, the champions were let into our house by her mother. she gave a short smile before grabbing her phone out of her back pocket and texting ian

text to ian (kevin lol): DUDE

ian (kevin lol): what girl? damn

text to ian (kevin lol): my mom invited the champions over for dinner and i. dont know what to do he looks so good i-

ian (kevin lol): wait a min

text to ian (kevin lol): do Not start w me!!! i already look antisocial. gtg gonna eat dinner

ian (kevin lol): dont eat weird <3

summer clicked her phone off, sitting at the end of the table while her mom finished cooking. summer glanced at matt, who was staring at her shirt.

"you don't even skate." summer had to resist the urge to stand up and leave the room.

"like you'd know." summer muttered under her breath, before calling for her mom, asking to be excused. her mother nodded and summer immediately got up, walking back upstairs.

text to ian (kevin lol): dude. he just HAD to say something about my shirt fucking send tweet. im tired of this already and hes been in my house 5 minutes.

ian (kevin lol): thats tuff :/

text to ian (kevin lol): ok ttyl moms calling

summer put her phone in her back pocket, walking back down the stairs. she sat in the seat she previously sat in, trying to ignore the feeling of matt obviously staring at her shirt. her mom set food out on the table, humming as she did so. summer received a text from an unknown number a few seconds later.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: ur mom has a fat ass

text to xxxxxxxxxx: who is this

xxx-xxx-xxxx: the only number you dont have saved at this table right now . are you fuckign stupid?

text to xxxxxxxxxx: you're disgusting.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: and youre a fake skater but did i say anything?

text to matt(?): i have a skateboard in my room if you wanna check it out ;)

matt(?): bold of you to assume i even want to be in the same house as you.

text to matt(?): well youre doing it ri

"summer, put your phone away"