fight

ian (kevin lol): why did matt take you home from the party

text to ian (kevin lol): cause. there was a situation, and i had to leave.

summer turned her phone off and rubbed her temples, letting out a sigh. she walked downstairs and said hi to her mom, sitting on the living room couch. her and her mom had a short conversation before her mom went to go take a nap. summer went back up to her room and texted ian again.

text to ian (kevin lol): im literally so bored. i feel like im on crack tho

ian (kevin lol): how is your mom

text to ian (kevin lol): she isnt getting any better but you know.

ian (kevin lol): yea :/ im sorry summer. i wish i could change that for her. she doesn't deserve this.

text to ian (kevin lol): please dont remind me <3 i love u but i cant rn.

summer turned her phone off and sighed. the fact that this could be her last week with her mom was stressing her out beyond any measure. her stomach was uneasy so she decided to try and take a nap.

summer couldn't sleep at all that night. she knew she had school the next day but she needed to talk to someone. she tossed in her bed for another hour before falling asleep.

summer woke up to her alarm blaring. she got up and stretched, trying to wake herself up. summer looked at the multiple calls from her father, which put her on edge. she dialed his number and waited til it went to voicemail. summer texted ian, asking for a ride to school. she got up and started getting ready for school, staring at herself in the mirror at random times. around fifty minutes later, ian picked her up from her house and they rode to school together. summer didn't say anything on the ride, she just stared out the window. ian pulled up to the school and parked in his parking spot, turning the car off.

"are you okay summer?"

summer nodded and got out of the car, grabbing her book bag from ian's trunk. they walked to class together in silence. summer sat down at her desk, watching matt walk in and sit next to ian. she could barely make out the conversation but she could tell it was about something from last night. soon the rest of the class became filled up. summer got called up to the office and had to leave school 15 minutes into class. she grabbed her stuff and walked out of the class, making her way up to the office. summer's father walked her to the car and drove her home. as soon as they got home, he sat her down on the couch and started talking to her.

"last night, when i was calling you, your mother and i were in the hospital.. i didn't exactly want to wake you up at 3 am last night because obviously you had school." he took a deep breath and summer's eyes started to fill with tears. "summer, your mother passed last night. chemo wasn't working anymore. i'm.. i'm sorry babygirl." he held summer into a hug, hearing her cry. his heart ached, feeling tears run down his face too.

summer went to bed early that night. she didn't go to school for the rest of the week. she would occasionally text ian if she was in the mood, but she no longer was in the mood for anything. summer laid in her bed with matt's hoodie on and gym shorts. she hadn't taken her make up off from a few days ago and she wasn't motivated to wash it off anytime soon.

matt: hey.

text to matt: hi.

matt: u have missed a lot in school

text to matt: yea

matt: when are u coming back

text to matt: whenever i feel like it. my mom just died bitch.

matt: ok see you soon. sorry.

summer gritted her teeth as a tear dripped from the bridge of her nose onto her other cheek. he made her so mad. she couldn't think of anyone more conceited than him. she wanted to punch his teeth out. she hated him. summer had never hated anyone. but here she was.

text to ian: i hate him. so much.

ian: summer

text to ian: all he had to say was "sorry"

ian: summer.

text to ian: how fucking mean do you have to be.

ian: summer.

text to ian: dont try and justify what he did

ian: i'm not going to. but, he really is sorry.

ian: he's not really good with words.

text to ian: obviously.

ian: summer

ian: don't waste your time on him

text to ian: i never did.

summer laid on her back, staring at her ceiling. she wanted to take his hoodie off, so so bad, but there was a part of her that wanted to keep it.

ian: matt just got in a fight again

ian: with that one kid

ian: ciaran

text to ian: why are you telling me this

ian: he did it for you

ian: but now he's um getting suspended lol

ian: something abt the party idk

ian: can i come over tn?

text to ian: sure