hoodie

summer had been ignoring matt to the best of her abilities. that meant skipping lunch and going to the library, doing any projects that were assigned alone, or just flat out managing to fake a sick day. but after two months, summer was tired. not sleep wise, but emotionally. she had managed to push everyone out of her life. ian wasn't as close to summer anymore and she had one friend.

summer sat on her bed, talking to trinity. they had recently gotten really close and hung out almost every day. summer hadn't truly thought about matt in a couple weeks, yet every dream she had included him in. summer could say the least she was, was unbothered. she missed her friends. summer was wearing matt's hoodie, curling up on her bed. trinity laid down next to her with a smile on her face, but she quickly realized how upset summer was.

"hey.. are you okay sums?"

summer nodded.

"i just miss my friends." summer blinked a couple times, as she watched trinity scroll through instagram.

"watch this, it made me laugh last night."

trinity pulled up a video of a party flyer, a song playing in the background. it wasn't me. summer started laughing just at the song.

"who would put that for a party flyer? if anything that makes me not want to go."

"ooh... a party. we should go to one." trinity sat up, looking at the date on the flyer. "let's go to this one, it's tonight!"

"uhh... sure." summer smiled.

they both got ready as summer's house. trinity helped straighten her hair and summer helped trinity pick out an outfit. summer was wearing a purple silk cami with black skinny jeans. she put a grey sweater on over the cami so she wouldn't get cold outside. trinity was wearing an oversized blue nike shirt that was tucked into a pair of blue jean shorts. trinity drove the two to the address of the party, hearing the music blare from the inside of the house down the street. they both walked down to the house, pulling out a few dollars for "admission."

summer was enjoying herself. she had made a few friends but she wasn't really sticking with anyone. she ran into some tall guy, looking up at him. matt. she hadn't spoken to him two months and this was how he was coming back into her life? he had a drink in his hand as he took a sip.

"hey, you." he had a smile on his face. he looked so good for some reason. it took summer a few seconds to realize she was staring.

"uh, hey." she smiled back at him. "how are you..?"

"i'm alright i guess, ian misses you." he rubbed the back of his neck, looking summer up and down. "you look... nice."

summer couldn't really see but she knew he was nervous. she could hear it in his voice. they continued to talk for another 30 minutes before trinity dragged her out of the situation. in those 30 minutes, summer learned more about matt than she thought she knew. more or less they were innocent facts about him, but it was still nice. trinity pulled summer upstairs and started speaking gibberish, so summer assumed she was either high or drunk or both.

matt: come to my house tmw.

summer looked at the text as trinity went on her rant. summer decided it was time for them to leave. summer drove them home that night. she couldn't take trinity home in this state, so trinity stayed at summer's house.

the next day summer dropped trinity off at her dad's house. as soon as she dropped off trinity she texted matt.

text to matt: omw

matt: wait

matt: im not ready

text to matt: okay?

summer made her way over to matt's house, turning the car off. she grabbed her purse and put her keys in her purse, getting out of the car. summer had decided to be bold and wear matt's hoodie over to his house. as soon as he opened the door he smiled, summer noticing his face getting a bit pink.

"hey."

"hi, matt."

matt stood at the door for a few seconds before realizing summer was standing in the cold. he immediately let her in the house, closing the door behind her. matt walked upstairs through the house while summer sat on the couch, scrolling through instagram.

royblair accepted your follow request, you can now see what they are posting!

royblair has requested to follow you!

summer accepted the follow request, hearing matt walk back down the stairs. she turned to face him, noticing the bag in his hand. matt handed her the bag, watching her open the box with a necklace inside of it. it had a tiny pendant with her birthstone in it. summer turned to matt, giving him a neck hug.

"happy late birthday, summer."

"i've missed you so much, matt, but i can't thank you enough to show how much this means to me."