sandy's diner

summer woke up around 10 am saturday morning. she couldn't be bothered to get out of her bed, dialing ian's number.

'hello?'

"hey. so... you wanna tell me why you just left me last night?"

'um. yeah sure i left cause some guy needed a ride home. i meant to come back but things happened so.'

"bullshitttt. matt and i went at it last night. he pissed me off."

'he told me'

"jeez is he obsessed or something?"

'i doubt it'

summer rolled her eyes.

'i literally heard that eye roll. girl, you need my help.'

"no i don't."

'there's a project on monday in our first block. i'll bet 15$ you end up having to partner with matt.'

"do not do this ian."

'oh? is that summer begging me to switch groups with her?'

"it is not. it is summer going to hang up if you don't shut up"

'fine but don't expect me to be lab partners with you monday.'

summer ended the call at that. she soon started to dread monday more than she thought she could.

summer greeted her mother downstairs, giving her a hug.

"mom i gotta go somewhere around two this afternoon, is that okay?"

her mom nodded, turning back to the window in the kitchen before continuing to clean the dishes in the sink. summer texted the guy from last night, caren?

text to cici: busy today?

cici: no, why

text to cici: wanted to hang out :/

cici: fair enuf. im free @ 2

text to cici: sounds good to me. ill start getting ready

cici: its 12:33 ?

text to cici: youre reminding me of how little time i have.

cici: kay.

summer smiled, turning her phone off and going up stairs, brushing her slightly straight hair. it wasn't the same unless someone else did it. summer's phone started ringing, looking at the two names on the screen made her heart sink.

incoming call from matt(?) and ian (kevin lol)...

summer sat for a few seconds before accepting the call, just listening to the call.

"hello?"

'what the fuck ian. hey fucking leave the call.'

"why."

'fuck you.'

"in your dreams"

'guys can you shut up..' ian sighed over the phone. summer ended the call afterwards. she wasn't bothered to hear from him.

ian (kevin lol): dude

text to ian (kevin lol): what "dude". can u not tell he doesnt wanna talk to me?

ian (kevin lol): thats besides the point.

text to ian (kevin lol): nope. dont wanna hear it. i have somewhere to be in an hour.

ian (kevin lol): yikes. already fucking that ciaran guy?

text to ian (kevin lol): i dont deserve this god what did i do in a past life

summer turned her phone off before continuing her routine. she washed her face off, cleaning it with face soap. her phone rung again. summer quickly dried her hands off.

incoming call from ian (kevin lol)...

summer accepted the call, raising her voice as soon as he answered. "uhh, what."

' you're being mean. i hope ur excited for monday.'

"ian! don't do this!" ian ended the call before she could finish her sentence. summer looked at herself in the mirror before changing her clothes. she wore a soft throw over sweater and some skinny jeans. summer grabbed her grey adidas running shoes and put them on, throwing the whole look together.

cici: Sandy's Diner ?

text to cici: sure.

she sat on her bed, waiting for a text from ciren? ciaran? that was definitely it.

cici: im outside.

text to cici: k

summer walked downstairs, leaving the house with her purse. ciaran was standing at the front door, walking her to his car. she got into the passenger seat and put her seatbelt on, looking at the notification on her screen.

matt (himattchampion) has requested to follow you.

okay.

summer turned her phone off, watching ciaran drive.

"what's up with you, summer?"

she just shrugged, laying her head against the headrest. they eventually pulled up to the diner and got out of the car together. summer clutched her purse and walked inside with ciaran, feeling his hand on the bottom of her back. they sat down in a booth, sitting opposite from each other just so they could face each other.

they were mid conversation when then bell to the diner rung, indicating someone had walked in. summer turned around for a second, meeting eye to eye with both ian and matt. she rolled her eyes as she turned around, looking at ciaran with his arms crossed.

"what?" summer leaned onto the table.

"nothing. why do you hang out with ian so much?" ciaran started quizzing her.

"um, because we're friends?"

"is that a question?"

"what is your deal dude? you act like we're dating. i've known you for under twenty four hours. what do you want? to get married?" summer tapped her foot lightly before standing up. "i've got to go." summer slid out from the table and walked over to ian's table, sitting on ian's side.

"don't say anything." summer whispered, slouching in the booth so she wasn't visible.

matt rolled his eyes before looking at ian. "get away from me." matt pushed at summer with his shoe.

"don't touch me." summer glared at him.

"i'm sorry?" matt rose his voice at summer, making her confidence falter. "not so confident now, huh sum- spring?" he stopped himself from saying her actual name.

"spring? are you deaf?"

"no, are you? because you obviously aren't getting away from me."

"you two!" ian put his hands on his head. "please, for one second could you just stop!"

summer and matt exchanged a similar look before looking at ian.

"i have to go." matt muttered. ian gave him a look and matt sat back down. "not... yet though." summer sat up from the booth and whispered into ian's ear, receiving a nod in response. ian handed her his car keys and summer left the diner, starting his car up and carefully driving her way home. summer looked at the notification on her phone one more time.

matt (himattchampion) has accepted your follow request, you can now see when they post.

matt (himattchampion) is now following you!