favorites

summer sat with matt and ian at lunch, talking about the party and how they accidentally ran into each other. summer had tried multiple times to ignore matt's hand on her knee but it wasn't that easy. she ran her hand over his, continuing conversation with ian.

"summer, i don't know about you but two months without talking to you stressed me out." ian let out a soft laugh, but he was being serious. summer just shrugged, looking down at her phone. she was scrolling through her instagram feed, coming across a picture of matt. she liked it, staring at his phone waiting for the notification to pop up. summer continued scrolling through her feed, watching her notification pop up. the notification wasn't the only thing she noticed. a picture of her from the other day was his lock screen.

summer bit her bottom lip to stop her from saying anything, but she couldn't help it.

"nice lock screen."

summer looked up a noticed ian was talking to will again. she smiled to herself, feeling matt tighten his grip on her. summer felt goosebumps crawling on her skin. she tapped her foot, holding her head in her palm. matt leaned up against her, asking to go to the library. she nodded, both of them getting up and leaving ian with will.

matt drove summer home that day. as soon as summer got home, she went up to her room putting her things down on the floor next to her bed. she grabbed her computer and started working on one of her class projects for the end of the semester. then it hit her. end of the semester. her classes were going to change and she either had the possibility to have more than one class with matt, or none at all. that statement also included ian, although they had worked their schedules together before school started, so she didn't truly have to worry about ian as much as she did matt.

summer sat in distress as she finished up her project. she was still working on restoring her friendship with ian after cutting both him and matt out of her life after her little freak out with matt. she stared at her ceiling covered in those glow in the dark stars from when she was younger. summer sat up and sat on the edge of her bed, looking out the window to her right. she got up from her room and walked downstairs, grabbing a snack from the kitchen. her phone started ringing, the name 'trinity' popping up. summer answered the call, listening to trinity talk on the other side of the line.

the two talked on the phone for an hour or so until summer had to take a shower. after summer got out of the shower, she had a couple texts from both matt and ciaran.

matt: hey if youre not busy tn do you want to do something

matt: if thats okay with you.

cici: hey.

cici: what are you doing ?

text to matt: sure :p ill check my schedule u know how busy i am!!

text to cici: i just got dressed, why

cici: i got you something so im on my way

text to cici: eeerr...

text to cici: idk if my dad will like that,

cici: ok well im on my way

text to cici: fine

summer bit the inside of her lip, blow drying her hair until her bell rung. she walked downstairs, answering the door to a bouquet of red roses. summer immediately sneezed a few times, taking the flowers from ciaran.

"how was your day, summer?" ciaran went in for a hug but summer stayed still, feeling ciaran wrap his arms around her.

"it's been fine. it's getting late ciaran.. i really think you should leave." summer held the back of her neck, putting the flowers on the table in the kitchen.

"I guess, bye summer." ciaran rolled his eyes and walked off, messing with his keys as he walked out of the house.

matt: haha. ok well let me know, i'm getting ready rn.

text to matt: i'll go :p im bored anyways, my dad is on another business trip anywayssss so im alone.

matt: cool.. wear something red.

summer threw on a red sweatshirt and black skinny jeans. she based her makeup look on the color red and put on her shoes. her doorbell rang again, hearing someone just walk in the house. at first she was nervous but noticed matt's voice from downstairs. she made her way down the stairs with her purse and phone, meeting eyes with matt.

"hey." summer grinned, matt returning the smile. matt was wearing a red nike pullover with a white collared shirt underneath. "where are we going again?"

"well the proper question would just be 'where are we going?' not again, i haven't told you yet, but it's a surprise."

"ooh, a mystery?"

"i just said a surprise, but okay." matt chuckled, opening the door for her. she grabbed her house key and locked the door as soon as she stepped out of the house. the two of them walked to matt's car and got in. matt started his car and pulled out of summer's driveway.

matt and summer pulled up to a frozen yogurt place. it was for the most part empty because of the time but it was still open. summer was undeniably excited. they both walked inside, summer taking a seat somewhere while matt talked to someone up at the front counter.

as soon as matt came to sit down, ciaran called her. she waited until the phone went to voicemail, bouncing her leg nervously.

matt noticed her physical discomfort and asked if she was okay. summer nodded, showing him her phone.

"so what are we doing here?" summer bit the inside of her lip, looking at her phone's time.

"well we're going to get fro-yo, obviously, then theres a party i wanted to take you to."

summer blinked a couple times.

"i'm not too fond of parties, but i do love me some fro-yo and matt time."