borrowing

cici: hey what are you doing this weekend?

text to cici: busy again :/ my mom needs my help with her classes.

cici: ok.

text to ian (kevin lol): wanna hang out this weekend?

ian (kevin lol): sure, tmw?

text to ian (kevin lol): fine by me

summer got up and looked at herself in the mirror. there wasn't a football game tonight so she honestly had nothing to do. her and matt had done their presentation so they hadn't had anything to do with each other in a while.

summer went to be early that night just so she'd wake up a bit early to get ready to see ian.

summer woke up around 8:45 saturday morning. she got up and brushed her teeth and hair and got into the shower. as soon as she got out and wrapped a towel around herself, she grabbed her phone, noticing a notification from matt.

matt: are you awake

summer looked at the time stamp of the message. 4:32 am. summer would be lying if she wasn't a little concerned. she screen shotted the message and sent it to ian.

ian (kevin lol): matt was going thru it last night. idk why he texted you no offense

text to ian (kevin lol): thanks! what was wrong w him?

ian (kevin lol): ill talk to u @ ur house

ian (kevin lol): also im omw

summer looked at herself in the mirror and obviously wasn't ready for ian to come over. she quickly threw on some clothes, along with matt's hoodie. her door bell rang and she quickly threw her damp hair into a bun, running downstairs and opening the door.

"hey ian!" summer hugged him and he returned the hug, smiling.

"is that matt's?" ian pointed to the hoodie as they walked up the stairs. summer just shrugged and went into her room.

"it was on my floor a couple days ago so i've just been wearing it."

"it's totally matt's. i know you summer."

summer rolled her eyes and sat on her bed.

"you have some explaining to do, ian. like, i don't know, someone breaking into your house? how have you not told me about that yet?"

"right.... so basically you know that kid you went on a date with and like ditched him?"

"ciaran i think, what about him?"

"he broke into my house and literally like i don't know... he was like, crazy, screaming about you and stuff."

"that's fucking weird."

"yeah, and so like when i was texting you i was texting matt too, so matt came over and handled it until the cops got there."

"handled it how?" summer laid back on her bed, curling into a small ball.

"they, fought i guess. i wasn't downstairs i was in my room hiding. that's where matt got the bruise that you asked me about. but matt, last night his girlfriend broke up with him. she said something about him getting into too many fights recently and that he 'hangs out' with me too much, whatever that means." ian held up quotation marks as he said 'hangs out'. summer rolled her eyes.

"i didn't know anyone was capable of liking him."

"summer, listen to who's saying that. you can't hide that from a mile away. but, there's something i wanted to ask you about."

"what's up?"

"actually two things but, there's a party tonight and i have literally no one to go with because matt said he didn't feel good. also, don't use this break up think as an opportunity. he's really not in a good place right now."

"um. i don't know about the party, but i would never take advantage of anyone, no matter what." summer sat up and got off her bed, walking to the bathroom. she started washing her face and as he walked away, ian took a picture of her, sending it to matt.

(ian) text to matt: ur hoodie looks good :P

matt to ian: i want that shit back

matt to ian: ive been looking for that wtf.

(ian) text to matt: she looks pretty comfortable though :(

matt to ian: ill talk to you tn @ party

(ian) text to matt: kk

ian put his phone down and walked into summer's bathroom, grabbing her phone from next to her. he unlocked her phone and started scrolling through her and matt's texts. there weren't a lot and most of them were just "ok?" replies from matt.

"ian.. what are you doing." summer spoke through the towel she was drying her face off with.

"nothing." ian hit the facetime button and walked into the other room, surprised at how face he picked up.

'oh hey ian.'

"hey buddy, sorry you don't feel good," ian winked before continuing what he was saying. "i wish you could come to the party tonight, i doubt summer's even going with me."

'sorry dude, you know how it is.'

ian just shrugged.

"ok i gotta go bye."

'bye'

ian ended the call and put summer's phone on her bed.

"i guess i'll go to the party ian." summer sighed. "what time is it?"

"like 7:30 is when it starts."

"so, we have like 8 hours."

"yeah."

"okay. well. that's a really long time from now.." summer sat down on her bed. "do you wanna go out to eat or something? go shopping? i'm gonna get bored easily."

ian nodded in response.

soon enough, 7:00 hit the clock and summer was getting ready at her house. ian helped her straighten her hair again along with helping her choose a decent outfit.

ian drove the both of them to the party, summer looked out the window the entire time. as soon as they pulled up to the house, summer got a bit nervous, clutching onto her purse she brought. she looked at her outfit one more time before checking her hair and makeup in the rearview mirror. ian and summer got out of the car, hearing music blare from over the speakers. they both walked in, waving to whoever spoke to them. someone pulled summer into a room, pinning her up against the wall.

"hey, i've heard a lot about you lately." ciaran looked her up and down before letting her go. summer's heart was beating faster by the second. "you said you were busy this weekend, thought you could get away with a lie?" if summer weren't so terrified, she would've ran the first chance she had. ciaran leaned up to her ear, whispering something in her ear before walking out of the room, smacking her ass.

summer felt tears welling up in her eyes as she struggled to find the bathroom. as soon as she got into the bathroom she grabbed toilet paper to dab the tears off her face away. someone knocked on the door and she opened it, apologizing. she opened the door to matt's tall figure.

"i thought you weren't coming," summer blinked tears away.

"have you been crying?"

"no, why." summer tried walking past him but he leaned up against the door frame. "matt, please.."

"what? am i in your way or something?" matt had a grin on his face, but it soon faded as he realized she was being serious. "fuck, i'm sorry summer, is something wrong?"

she just nodded and walked past him, disappearing into the crowd.