class project

"i'll be assigning groups to work on a project for what we've learned so far in this class. there's a rubric on my website." the teacher droned on about the project for another fifteen minutes before she started naming the groups.

"cliff- ian simpson and summer lane.. matthew champion and will stains.." the teacher finally finished called out names before ian raised his hand.

"can we change our groups if it's a mutual agreement?"

summer looked at him, but knew matt wouldn't group with her, so it wouldn't be a mutual agreement.

"i guess so."

ian called out to matt, asking for a switch, matt just nodding. summer reached for ian who was walking away from her, but she missed by a split second. matt didn't seem to be moving and neither was summer. the entirety of the class was spent by the two arguing over text on who should move and who wasn't moving. the bell rang, signaling class was over.

text to matt(?): this is all YOURE fault if you wouldve just moved.

matt(?): sorry im too disgusted to even think to move in your direction

text to matt(?): i- i am NOT that bad.

matt(?): yeah you think that

summer grabbed her stuff from her side and walked out of the class, grabbing ian and matt both by the arms.

"dont-"

"touch me yea blah blah." summer finished matt's sentence for him. "i'm tired of you two's shenanigans. you." she looked at matt "you specifically. if you fuck up this grade for me i will personally hand your ass to you" ian tried loosening himself from summer's grip, making her let go of matt. "ian. i'm not done with you. i'll talk to you later." she stormed off, walking up the stairs to her next class.

at lunch, summer sat with ian and a couple of other people, sadly including matt. she hated that her best friend was also best friends with her worst enemy. not exactly the worst enemy to have though, he was easy to hate. at least summer thought he was. he was mean, and didn't like anyone unless they were willing to have sex with him on the spot. that's weird. summer had completely zoned out, until she felt someone bump her shoulder roughly. matt was standing above her with his arms crossed. "c'mon."

summer looked at him like he was insane.

"do you want a good fucking grade or no?" summer stood up and started following matt through the halls.

"i don't have my book bag." summer walked up next to matt.

"okay."

"do you not care? i need it don't i?"

"okay? i don't know why you're asking me." matt continued walking down the hall, turning onto another hall, walking into the library.

"matt."

"what the fuck could you possibly need right now summer?" matt spoke in a hurried whisper.

summer shrugged, "i don't know, i'm honestly kinda hungry." she had a smirk forming on her face.

"are you stupid or something? like actually? should i take you to a hospital?" matt whispered, speaking up against her ear. "you'd like that huh? just me and you?" summer's heart dropped, feeling her face heat up. "must suck, cause it'll never happen." he pulled away from her, walking through the rows of books. summer put her hoodie over the front of her face to where all you could see was above her eyes.

text to ian (kevin lol): i'm going to die.

ian (kevin lol): whats up

text to ian (kevin lol): i HATE matthew champion.

ian (kevin lol): strong word to describe him after all the things you said last night about him huh?

text to ian (kevin lol): do not.

summer felt the warmth of someone right behind her. "you talk about me too huh? god you're obsessed with me aren't you?" summer looked at matt's smug smile on his face. "how many times am i gonna have to tell you, lane, i'm just not interested." he chuckled, handing her a textbook. "pages 213-241, i recommend reading them because i know you haven't already."

summer rolled her eyes. "and you did?"

"i did." matt held his hand on his chest as he sat down across from summer.

text to ian (kevin lol): i'm going to kill you.

ian (kevin lol): ok :P tell me that when u have matt's kids

summer immediately turned her phone off, hoping there wouldn't be another snooping situation again. she flipped to page 213, and started reading, trying to obtain any sort of knowledge from the book. she sighed, looking up at matt, who was texting someone.

"matthew. do you have any paper."

"no."

"do you have a pencil?"

"no."

"okay."

"okay."

summer rolled her eyes and got up, closing her textbook.

"where are you going?"

"back to lunch. i don't have anything to do. you wont give me anything to even try to start an outline or anything for this presentation. do you even care if we get a good grade?"

"okay? summer i could give a shit less. i already know the content. you don't. that's not my fault."

the bell rung.

"thanks matt."

"don't talk to me."

summer left the library and went to the class she was in before lunch started. that was her least favorite part of the class. that they had to leave mid-class for lunch. it was annoying if anything.

summer rode home with ian that day.

"why did you switch with me in first?"

"because. the guy i took home the other night was will."

"okay? you thought putting me with matt would be a good idea"

"nope! a great idea. you guys need to get along. i need you guys to get along. your constant bickering is starting to piss me off"

"ian. i'm only gonna do this for you. understand that."

"fair enough."