Chapter Nine

Four Years Later

Kengkla came back to Thailand with a Bachelor's degree and knew he was ready to start work at his late father's company as CEO.

As he saw the view of his beloved country he once called home, he felt nostalgia kicking in.

Over the years he contacted only Technic and Type.

He refrain from contacting Techno knowing he will come back once he heard the older guy's voice.

As he walked out of the plane and into the cool terminal he couldn't help but reminisce when he left four years ago.

He walked out towards the immigration and to pick up his luggage soon walking out to the arrival hall where he saw his family butler, his mae as well as Technic waiting outside for him.

Once they saw him they waved and he waved back and approached them.

He hugged his mae and gave the trolley of luggage to the butler and greeted Technic who look at him with an angry face and ended up punching his best friend.

"Asshole! That's for making my brother cry after you left!" Technic said

"Ai'Nic"Kengkla said holding onto his hurt mouth after the punch

Kengkla's mae was shocked. She couldn't say anything.

Technic then hugged him and said "But I'm glad you're back ai'asshole"

Kengkla was surprised gave his best friend a smile hugging him back.

They began to chat as they walked to the car that was waiting for them.

Kengkla continue chatting with Technic and often with his mae until the car halted to a stop in front of the family mansion when they came in it was surrounded with balloons and a banner that says "Welcome Back"

But he didn't expect to see the one person he least expected there at his family mansion

"P'No.....w-why are you here?" Kengkla ask confused

Technic smiled and then Type came out with a party popper said "surprised nong? This idiot overheard my conversation with nong Nic about you coming back and wanted to come"

Kengkla wanted to just pull Techno in a room but he restrain himself as he remembered that it was this P who ended it with him and awkwardly greeted Techno

"Oh. Sawadee krap P'No"Kengkla wai'ed to Techno and Techno just raised his hands answered

"Wadee..." Techno answered soon it became more awkward

"Uh" They both said at the same time"P talk first" Kengkla said

"No you first"Techno said

It became more quiet between them between them but around then the sound of the BGM playing in the background made the situation more awkward

"P you look good" Kengkla began and Techno smiled

"Am I? I don't think so" Techno said. Actually Kengkla thought Techno looked quite handsome still.

 Actually Kengkla thought Techno looked quite handsome still

Kengkla smiled and nodded and finished the drink in hand.

It really did becoming more awkward so Kengkla moved around avoiding Techno who kept looking for him around the small crowd of guests.

Soon the guests left the mansion leaving only Kengkla's his mae. The last guests to leave were Technic, Techno and Type.

Kengkla sent them out to the car and Kengkla sent them off his eyes still traveling to the older male.

He sighed as the car disappeared in a distance.

Kengkla sighed and soon entered inside the lovely mansion. His mae who he thought already left to her own bedroom was looking at him while sitting sipping on her warm Chinese tea.

Kengkla was surprised once he saw her. "Mae! You surprised me  and it's late. Why aren't you in your room resting mae?" He ask

His mae took another sip of tea and put down the cup sitting elegantly on the armchair.

"Just having tea. Have your friends gone home?" His mae ask and Kengkla answered

"Yes mae. I'm going up now" Kengkla said about to walk out of the living room when his mae stopped him

"Was that the boy that you are in love with son?" His mae ask suddenly and Kengkla turned his head towards her

"Was mae. Was....past tense. I decided I won't defy por's words and move on with my life. He too said so himself mae to come back and reconcile with both you and por"

His mae was quiet still and Kengkla couldn't care less and continued

"Four years I felt guilty but realized it should be the best. I should be living a normal life like having a good education, a good career, a wife and kids? Isn't that what all families want?"

"Son... listen" his mae said

"No mae. I'm tired. It's not worth it fighting for my love anymore. Even if I try he will always think ahead of me. It's alright mae. I've moved on. I will take my leave now. I need to rest. Tomorrow I will leave for the company. Goodnight mae"  Kengkla said firmly and soon he went upstairs to his bedroom and laid in bed thinking of what had has happened earlier.

Kengkla got freshened up and soon finally fallen into a deep dreamless slumber.

He knew tomorrow starts a new beginning for him as CEO of his late father's company.

Kengkla doesn't know what has in store for him the very next day.

What will happen? Stay tuned.

AN: Hi. So yeah I fast forward to when Kla came back and the awkward meeting. I know I suck at description again....it's boxing day today. I should sleep. Night my sweeties. Bye for now