Chapter 7

It is usually said that Johannesburg is a place of opportunity, that if you have never lived in this place, you haven't actually lived.

Johannesburg is more like the New York of South Africa, a busy place. It's filled with crime, from the bottom to the top of the food chain. It is known for its fast life. A lot tend to say that this place is so fast, a year seems like only a month.

I don't belong here, My Dad would have told you that too. I lived in the outskirts of Cape Town, it was also busy, but slow as a tortoise if you were to compare it to here. I am considered as a free spirit in the social world, but with Tyron, I'm becoming this weak person, who is caged.

It's been a week. A week of being stuck in this mansion with absolutely nothing to do. I tried asking Tyron to let me go work, but he refused, and yes, you guessed it right I just accepted it and moved on.

Tyron and I barely speak. He basically mumbles whenever he talks to me except of course if he is saying No to something I ask. He made it clear that he has no intention of touching me again. That I really was a one night stand. The old Zoey would probably brush it off, but this new Zoey felt hurt by this and I'm disappointed to be honest.

I stand up and take a shower feeling particularly down today and realize that the devil has arrived. No, not Tyron. My bloody periods!. Huh, see what I did there? I smirk at myself feeling poetic and snap out of it when I realize that I've been in the shower for really long.

Seeing that I will need to go out and get some toiletries, I put on my black jeans with a pink top and my favourite Nike sneakers. A comfortable but nice outfit to dress in when you are going out.

I take in my surroundings as I notice that I'm slowly getting used to this room, the cream coloured walls, the white duvet cover and the big mirror I'm standing in front of.

I go out of the room eager to cook myself a warm meal tonight, it is scientifically proven that women who are on their periods need warm food, and by scientifically proven, I mean by me. I bump in to a wall as I walk into the huge red and black kitchen, but I find myself sniffing this amazing smelling wall. I back away as I notice that it is not a great smelling wall, but Tyron, who is lightly grabbing my waist.

He let's me go quickly and I almost trip at the effect, my waist suddenly feeling cold without his hand holding it.

"You should watch where you are going, how did you work at a restaurant again? Oh wait, probably the reason you got fired" Tyron speaks, what the hell is wrong with him?

I've had it!

"Why are you so cold to me? You wanted me to move in here, so why treat me like trash? Why won't you freakin grow up and act like a man. You are mean!" I suddenly growl at him and lightly sob. What? Don't blame me it's the periods.

Tyron seems taken aback by my outburst , but quickly recovers and dares to speak yet again.

"Are you hungry?" He asks with a hint of a smile playing at his lips.

Is this guy bipolar or something? One minute he is cranky and the next he is happy, this is not normal. I'll have to remember to ask him about his condition when I've actually calm down. You never want to offend someone suffering from bipolar disorder.

"No, I'm just sick and tired of you" I find myself replying.

"Periods?"

I just stare at him wondering how he would know that, was he born a woman?

"Yes, and I need to go pick up a few things from the store" I answer back, not wanting to awkwardly stand here with him.

"Fine, let's go before it gets late" he says.

***
The stores are clearing now, seeing as it's passed six in the evening. We are at the ice cream fridges aisle. Yes, Ice cream is a necessity at a time like this.

Tyron is standing besides me tapping away on his phone. I wonder if he eats ice cream.

"Tyron, what flavour Ice cream do you like? " I ask him while gently tucking at his arm to get his attention, I feel like a five year old doing that.

"I don't particularly like Ice cream, but if you must know, I like the Vanilla flavoured Ice cream" he simply says looking annoyed that I even asked.

"Plain and simple, you like that?" I ask.

"Oh no Zoey, just with my Ice cream. You know very well I'm not plain in other things" he whispered into my ear.

Oh Lord, I think I wet my already wet panties just by thinking about it.

---

So there you are, Chapter 7, what do you think? Tyron is one hell of a character isn't he?

Please like and comment.