Chapter 2 - The calls.

You had just finished with your recording of 'I am Bread' and wanted to kill your computer. You took a look at the time and saw that it was 4:30pm. Mark would be here in 30 minutes. You always did your editing after you ate so you stood and walked to the kitchen still frustrated. You opened your fridge and grabbed everything you needed for tacos. Your meat was browning as you chopped the onion when you heard a knock at your door. You wiped your hands on your apron and looked through the peak hole. You saw Mark. You smiled and opened your door, leaning on the door frame. He smiled at you as you did that.

"Hey there stranger. Come on in." You said and moved a bit to let him in. He smiled and walked in.

"I'm just finishing cutting the veggies for the tacos. I hope you like tacos, I forgot to ask." You said walking back into the kitchen.

"I love tacos, who doesn't?" He said followed behind you. You started to cut the onion again as he sat at the table.

"So, I have to say. I'm a bit shocked you invited me over for dinner. Most people wouldn't with a stranger. Are you not worried? Not that's there is anything to be worried about. I'm someone you can trust but umm yeah I'm going to shut up now." Mark said with a blush of embarrassment. You gave a loud laugh as you put the finished onion into a bowl and looked at him, still laughing slightly.

"No, I understand what you mean and no, I'm not worried. I know how to handle myself. My ex tried to punch me once, he ended up in the hospital. I don't know why I didn't leave him then and to be honest with you, I invited you over for a few reasons. One is I wish someone did this for me when I found out about my ex. But at that point I had no friends. Reason two is that's what friends do right." You said started to chop the meat with your spatula. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. He smiled at you.

"Your right, it is what friends do but now I have a question. How come none of your friends were there for you when he dumped you? Did you not tell them?" Mark asked. You gave a small, sad smile.

"Because I left him after I found him sleeping with my one and only best friend." You said and began to set the table.

"Wow, some friend." You heard Mark whisper. You gave a small laugh and finished with the food, setting it on the table.

"Yeah but its OK. It gave me that final push to move here. I never wanted to live in (h/t) for the rest of my life so, here I am, a week after it happened." You said putting the meat into a bowl.

"Wait, that happened only a week ago? You don't seem fazed at all. I was a wreak. How did you do it?" He asked. You shrugged.

"To be honest, I don't know. Maybe I was happy because I knew I wouldn't be with him anymore or maybe it was because it gave me that final push. All in all, I'm glad to be here." You said with a smile and made yourself a taco. Mark smiled and also made a taco.

"Well, I'm glad you're here too." He said as he took a small bite before continuing. "My friends are always there for me but with work they couldn't at that moment, so I had no one to talk to. If you didn't come in and talk to me, I'm sure I would still be alone, crying my heart out to no one." He said, finishing his taco. You smile and you both made another taco.

"I'm glad I could help. So, if you don't mind me asking, how long were you guys going out. I was dating (ex/n) for three years." You said. Mark gave a small smile.

"Five years. I thought she was happy. I tried to make plans but she said she was busy or her friends were over and couldn't. She blamed me, then my job. When you saw me, she told me that it was her or my job. I didn't know what to say. She then screamed fuck you, you're not worth it and hung up." Mark said. You didn't hesitate to stand to giving him a hug.

"Mark, I'm so sorry. I understand what you mean about not wanted to give up your job. While (ex/n) never made me pick, others thought it was a waste of time but...I love what I do and wouldn't want to stop doing it." You said has he hugged you back.

"Thank you (y/n), truly. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't met you." He said. You let him go and took a few steps back.

"Well, you wouldn't be eating my awesome tacos!" You said to lighten the mood striking a funny Captain American pose. Mark started to laugh and you soon joined in the laughter. You felt a buzz in your phone and took it out, looking at the caller ID. You hit ignore and pocketed it. Mark looked a bit confused. You took the leftovers as you both had eaten till you were full and put them in the fridge.

"You don't have to answer that? What if it's important. Don't let me being here stop you." He said. You shook your head and began to clean the table before walking to the sink.

"No, it was just my ex. He thinks that since I broke up with him, we never broke up. He says it's the man's job to do that so, he calls me every day but I can't block his calls because he will just go and change his number to call me. I just stopped blocking them, and yes, this was all in a week." You said as you cleaned the dishes. Mark nodded and stood up, leaning on the counter next to as you continued to do the dishes. It was a nice silence but you could tell he was thinking.

"(y/n), I have my friends coming over tomorrow, they're from out of town and we are going out drinking, do you want to join us? You will love them, they are really cool." Mark said as you dried your hands. You had finished the dishes and thought about what he said.

"You know what, I would love to. I had fun talking to you and I'm glad to help out a new friend and to meet your friends." You said with a smile. Mark smiled also and gave you a big hug.

"Thank you (y/n)! I will text you when to come over, oh I forgot to ask, you don't work tomorrow, do you?" He asked. You shook your head.

"Nope I finished up today, just have to upload it and I'm good to go." You said with a smile. He grinned and you walked him to the door.

"Thank you again (y/n), see you tomorrow!" He said with a wave and walked into his apartment. You smiled and closed your door before grabbing your phone and pressed radial. It rang a few times before you heard his voice.

"Finally. Why did it take so long to call me back? Where are you?" (ex/n) asked. You glared at the wall.

"I told you to stop calling me. We are over. I dumped you." You say calmly. You have tried to yell at him but it never works.

"And I told you we are not over so deal with it. Why the fuck are you in LA? Come home now!" He yelled. You could almost smell the alcohol on him. He only swore when he was drinking.

"I told you to stop calling me. We are over. I dumped you." You repeated. It was the only thing you ever said to him now. You could hear him growling.

"You fucking bitch, you are my girlfriend and will do as I say!" He yelled. You said the line once more and hung up. You slid down your door till you were sitting on the floor. You always felt drained when he called you. You didn't want to move but knew you had to.

You gave a sigh, standing up after a bit and walked into your room and started to edit your video. You took the tracker off your phone but I guess he found out you left for LA. It was the only place you wanted to live and he must have guessed. You spent three hours editing your video before uploading it. You stood up only to fall on your bed a few steps later from exhaustion. Sleeping was easy for you, even after a hard day and you loved the feeling of you slowly slipping into dream land but before you did,you smiled as you thought about tomorrow. You were going to hang out with a friend, someone who didn't know about your channel. That alone made this day awesome.