Big Day

Sofia remembered when she first became a princess and when she first went to the Royal Preparatory Academy, otherwise known as Royal Prep or RPA. At first, she felt like she wasn't ready to be a real princess, but she proved that she belonged. Sofia could see that she had come a long way since she first became royal, and now she and her older stepsiblings, Amber and James, are graduating from Royal Prep and moving onto other schools.

It was the morning of Sofia's graduation day. She and her mother, Miranda, were riding a coach to Dunwiddie Village. Miranda had a special surprise for her daughter. The coach stopped in front of the old shoe shop where Sofia and Miranda used to work before becoming royalty.

"It's our old shoe shop," Sofia gasped

"It's our old shoe shop," Sofia gasped. "What are we doing here, Mom?"

"You'll see," Miranda grinned.

Miranda and Sofia entered the shop, and it looked no different than the way they'd left it. Sofia hadn't been to this place in years, and she felt like she was still a villager, being in this shop.

"Wow, it looks the same as we left it," Sofia grinned.

"Not quite," Miranda chuckled. "I have a surprise for you—close your eyes."

Sofia closed her eyes, and Miranda pulled on a rope, opening a curtain, and said, "Okay, you can open your eyes now."

Sofia opened her eyes to find that her mother made her a beautiful pink dress with matching pink shoes to wear for her graduation. "Wow, it's beautiful!" she gasped. "Thanks, Mom!"

"Happy Graduation, Sofia," Miranda smiled

"Happy Graduation, Sofia," Miranda smiled. "Now you'd better get ready."

A few minutes later, Sofia came out, wearing her new dress and shoes with her hair in a ponytail.

"Oh, Sofia, you look so grown up," Miranda gushed.

Miranda and Sofia got back into the coach and rode back to the castle, so they could go with Amber, James, and Roland to Royal Prep for the graduation.

"This is it," Sofia sighed. "I can't believe this is my last day at Royal Prep."

"I still can't believe you went to Royal Prep—or that I'm queen," Miranda grinned. "We have come a long way since I married your father." But then she noticed that Sofia wasn't smiling. "What's wrong, honey?"