Everything is okay

Late that night, after everyone had gone home, Sofia and Hugo were in their jammies, talking on their Enchantlets.

"Facing Shuriki was already scary enough because she murdered two innocent royals, but facing Vor was the most traumatic experience I ever had," Sofia declared.

"Me too—I've always wanted excitement in my life, but that was way more than I bargained for," Hugo declared. "Well, at least we gave your story a happy ending."

"That's true," Sofia concurred. "I just hope we'll get some sleep tonight."

"I hope so, too," Hugo declared.

"I'm sure you will," Samira said. "You should sleep now, honey."

"Okay, Mom," Hugo nodded. He turned to Sofia and said, "Good night, Sofie."

"Sweet dreams, Hugo," Sofia smiled.

Once the conversation was over, Hugo said, "I hope I will have sweet dreams tonight."

Axel opened the music box Sofia gave Hugo the first time they celebrated Wassalia together. The music from the music box played their favorite song "Take a Leap", and it was putting Hugo at ease.

"Sofia may have been the one to destroy Vor, but nonetheless we're proud of you, champ," Garrick smiled.

"Thanks, Dad," Hugo smiled back.

"Someday you'll be a fully-fledged Protector," Axel smiled.

"I just hope that day won't be anywhere near as traumatic as today," Hugo said, still jumpy from seeing Sofia get pulled inside her amulet.

"I'm sure it won't be that scary," Samira assured him.

"But either way, you have us to help you," Grimtrix smiled.

"Thanks," Hugo smiled with a yawn.

"Time for bed," Samira chuckled.

Hugo and Axel each snuggled into their beds.

"Good night, boys," Garrick smiled.

"Good night," Hugo and Axel chorused. As soon as their parents and uncle left, the boys fell asleep.

At Enchancia Castle, Sofia was writing about her adventure in her diary. Suddenly, there was a knock on her door.

"Enter," Sofia called.

Baileywick, Cedric's family, and the rest of the royal family came in.

"Sofia, we're so proud of you," Sir Bartleby smiled. "I've faced many dangers as a knight, but that was the bravest deed I've ever seen anyone perform."

"He's right, sweetheart—what a day you've been through," Grand Mum smiled.

"What you did today showed that you've come a very long way since you became a princess," Miranda grinned.

"We're so glad you're okay after all you went through for us and our kingdom," James smiled, hugging his younger sister.

"Well, I've faced an evil sorceress who killed two innocent royals, but this has to be the scariest day of my life," Sofia sighed.

"What you need is a nice family vacation to put your mind at ease," Roland smiled. "Hugo's family can come, too—he'll need something to put his mind at ease, too."

"I'll invite him tomorrow morning," Sofia yawned.

"And we'll let you sleep," Aunt Tilly smiled.

"Sweet dreams, Sofia," Cedric grinned.

"Good night," Sofia smiled.

Everyone hugged Sofia and left her alone. Sofia crawled into bed and fell asleep.

Sofia never thought she'd end up being a princess, and she especially never thought she'd ever face this kind of danger—but the results were worth it. She hoped to never face this much trauma again, and she hoped that the day Hugo becomes an official Protector isn't nearly as traumatic as today. But they were happy with what they did. Nothing was the same again now that Sofia was an offical Protector and everyone knew about her title and the magic in her amulet. But she didn't care because it felt good to let loose.