Mistake #2 - Letting Midnight Know

Impatiently, I sat at that same rickety, blue table in the Teacher's Lounge. I was quite bored, but Nemuri was watching over me like a hawk. Her arms were crossed over her chest while she tapped her heel on the tile. She stared intensely at me. I felt like a grounded teenager, but what more could I do? I could either go home, continuing to be anxious and worried about Shouta or remain at U.A. still anxious and worried about Shouta. Regardless, it was a lose, lose situation. I groaned and laid my head in my hands as my mind stirred. "Oh, what's got your panties in a bunch? Why are you in such a mood today, Toshi?" She asked, taking a seat beside me this time, "You were a little uneasy this morning. Did something happen between you and Mic?" I grumbled, "What Hizashi and I were talking about.. it has to do with Shouta..." My face grew hot, thinking about him. Nemuri cocked her head, "Sooo.. you're worried about him? I get it, we're all worried. He hates doctor's appointments and suddenly he schedules one!" She stated sassily, releasing a huff as she rested her chin upon her hand. I groaned, "I-It's not that, Nemuri!" I raised my head and looked her in the face, "I'm in love with Shouta!" I exclaimed, louder than intended. Her eyes grew wide as she stared at my red face. Straightaway, I turned my face and covered it with a hand, blocking her view of me, "I-I'm in love with Shouta.." I repeated, only this time in a whisper. The room went silent until I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder. "Toshi.." Nemuri spoke quietly, "That's gotta be tough.." She said sympathetically. It was. She had no clue how hard it was being around Shouta as all these feelings stirred around in my mind. My heart rate increased when he was near, and my face felt hot when he looked at me. What was the hardest part about it, was the fact I knew he loved another. I just knew he did. Regardless of what Hizashi told me, I think he only said it to raise my spirits. "My heart aches when I'm around him, Nemuri.." I uttered, "All I want to do is hold him close and feel his heart beat against mine.." I knew my face was bright red after saying all of this. I placed my hands over my eyes and sighed heavily. I wasn't sure why it was easier to spill my heart out to Nemuri, perhaps it was because she was a female and Hizashi was an outgoing male? Sure, I had told Hizashi everything I admired about Shouta, but he didn't know the passion I had, deep inside. 

   Nemuri rubbed my arm and rested her head upon my shoulder, "Have you tried talking to him, Toshi?" She questioned, "I know it's probably a long shot, but he could always feel the same, you know?" She mentioned. I shook my head. No, it is a long shot, because it isn't true. Shouta and I have different views and that would greatly affect how he felt towards me. "How long have you felt this way?" Nemuri interrogated, glancing at me. How long had I felt this way? A little after I met Shouta, I felt he was too harsh on the students, and needed to be more caring. Then one day these feelings erupted. Was I really even in love with Shouta or was it.. a phase? This got my mind racing. Was all of this just some made up fantasy? I turned to Nemuri and asked, "Please, pull up a picture of Shouta on your cell phone." I had to be sure my love for him was valid and not just some stupid thought. Without hesitating, Nemuri opened up her phone and exhibited a photo of Shouta, shirtless by a swimming pool. I choked up blood and covered my mouth, turning away. My face was steaming from an embarrassment. Why would she show me that picture? I felt tongue-tied, I couldn't even speak! Nemuri laughed, "I can see you aren't lying about your feelings!" She then smirked and claimed, "You wanna smooch him, don't you~?" I quivered from all the embarrassment, "Nemuri, e-enough!" I managed to holler, keeping my face turned away. She laughed even harder and hugged me in a playful manner. I needed to get away from this woman before I exploded! I quickly pulled away from her and stood, "E-Excuse me.." I said, "I-I'm going to head home for a bit. I'm really tired." I faked a yawn and rubbed my eyes. Nemuri rolled her eyes, "Bullshit, Toshinori." She smirked, "You're just too in love, that you're about to melt!" She stated. She was right, but I just needed some time to myself before I really did melt thinking of Shouta. I turned my back to her and made my way to the door. I gulped, "But, do send me that picture of Shouta.." I looked at her over my shoulder, "P-Please.." Nemuri winked with a nod as I exited the Teacher's Lounge. I entered Shouta's classroom and waited, uneasily for the students to return. I needed to regain my composure before Class 1-A got back from lunch.