Confessions of the No. 1 Hero

I was quaking in my shoes as I entered U.A. I am so nervous! I didn't understand why though. I was just bringing Shouta some flowers and asking him out on a simple date, no biggie! But what if he declined? What if he didn't feel the same? I hid my face in my hand, approaching Shouta's classroom door. Class 1-A was surprisingly quiet today, all that emerged from the other side of the door was Shouta's monotonous voice. He was lecturing the students on dodging and never giving up, whether the moment seemed at it's worst. He was so inspiring. I felt hearts take shape in my pupils as I hesitantly raised an arm. "Alright.." I muttered, "You can do this.." I mumbled to myself. As I reached the doorknob, I was interrupted by a voice. "All Might? What are you doing?" Yaoyorozu asked, nearly giving me a heart attack. I jolted, a splash of blood escaped my lips. I hid the bouquet behind my back, "Y-Yaoyorozu, s-so nice to see you!" I stuttered like a mad man. My heart pounded against my chest, as I leaned against the door, keeping the blossoms hidden. She cocked a brow, "Alright? Well, since you didn't answer my question, I'll ask the obvious question. Who are the flowers for?" She interrogated, crossing her arms over her chest. I panicked, what was I supposed to say? I shifted my eyes left and right as I fought to come up with an answer. I stood straight, "T-They're for Midnight." I stated, confidently, though I could feel the anxiety seeping through. Yayorozu stared me dead in the eyes, squinting as if she could sniff out my façade. I held my breath as she examined my face, "She's in the teacher's lounge if you're looking for her." She smiled dearly and entered the classroom. 

   I exhaled heavily, feeling the weight on my shoulders decease. That was a close one, I thought to myself. I peered into the classroom, catching a glimpse of Shouta. His raven hair was matted, as usual, and his eyes just as dull looking. No matter what that man wore, he made my heart run laps. I placed a hand over my chest, feeling my heart swell. I sighed lovingly. While I watched Shouta teach, Bakugou cut in. A nasty attitude lacing his voice. Shouta raised his voice, "Bakugou, another outburst and you're doing extensive training!" I could tell his hair was fighting against flight, as he activated his quirk. Bakugou growled and plopped in his desk, kicking his feet up startling a Young Midoriya. That's right, they had training today! I figured I'd wait until the students were occupied to propose my plans to Shouta. It would be less stressful without 20 students eyeballing me. Although Mina would find a way to sneak a peek at us, I knew waiting was the better option. 

   Later, the students were out in the courtyard, exercising on improving their quirks limitations. I could hear Shouta scolding Todoroki and Kaminari for restricting their full potential. Kaminari gripped his hair, "I know I'm capable! I just don't wanna hurt anyone!" He whined. Kaminari had a valuable quirk, but he did care dearly for his classmates. Todoroki on the other hand just held resentment towards Endeavour. I could fully understand, but he couldn't have his father hold him back. I know what he was capable of. Todoroki spoke up, "I don't feel like wasting my time on practicing something I'll never use in my life." He declared, shifting his gaze toward the ground. Shouta scoffed, "You'll have to use it eventually," He shoved his hands in his pockets, "If you don't you'll never pass your upcoming exam. I want you to try your best, Todoroki. I know life's rough, but you can't have some asshole restraining your true power." Shouta patted his shoulder, causing him to flinch, clenching his fists. He didn't show it much, but Todoroki was rather sensitive. Shouta sighed, "I understand, just keep pushing yourself forward." He remarked, pulling away. Shouta was very galvanizing and motivational. Though he never showed it through his actions or even his disarrayed fashion sense, he honestly cared for his students. He wanted them to grow and flourish into astonishing heroes. Class 1-A was full of gifted and intelligent students, they were really going to go far in life. Whether they became heroes or sidekicks, I'd stand beside them, 100%.

   While Shouta stood, examining the students train, I quietly approached him. I gulped as I reluctantly tapped him on the shoulder. Without even blinking he glanced over his shoulder and raised a brow, "All Might? Come to watch the students train?" He questioned, turning toward me. I chuckled shyly, "A-Actually, I was coming to t-talk with you." I stated, fidgeting my feet as I hid the flowers behind me. Shouta, taking a small bottle out of his pocket, doused his eyes in solution and lifted his chin, "If it's about tomorrow's lesson, that's on you. We don't teach the same subject, hell I don't even teach a subject, but you better treat my students right." He scowled me, a lump forming in the back of my throat. Shouta was very prompt about letting it be known that Class 1-A was his students and his alone. I nodded, not arguing against the scruffy man, knowing what he'd do if I retorted. I cleared my throat, "I-I meant I wanted to talk about.. u-us." I attempted to say confidently, though failing as my voice trembled. Shouta glared, his face turning a rare shade of pink, "Us?" He furrowed his brows, "Listen, I don't know what kind of shit you're trying to pull, Toshinori, but I'm not in the mood for playing games." He hissed sharply, pressing a firm finger against my chest. His intimidating stature made me gulp, but that didn't stop me. I gently pushed his hand away, "J-Just, hear me out, o-okay?" I uttered, feeling a weight on my shoulders. Shouta huffed, thrusting his hands away into his pockets, "5 seconds. What is it?" He declared, giving me a menacing look. Shit, this was tougher than I thought. I took a deep breath and uncovered the surprise clasped in my hands. Shouta cocked a brow, "F-Flowers?" He stuttered, flabbergasted. I nodded and rubbed the back of my neck, "I-I know it's sudden and all, but perhaps we could get a drink sometime o-or go out on a date?" I suggested, my face flaring up. In the distance, I could hear Mina shrieking, "All Might, giving Mr. Aizawa flowers?! I can't! Eeee! They're too cute!" Her and Tooru paraded around, shouting causing a scene. Boy, this was embarrassing. I held the bouquet out toward Shouta, "They're Forget-Me-Nots, so you'll never forget this day." I said, a wobbly smile forming the corners of my lips. God, how cheesy.

   Catching me off guard, Shouta captured me in his weapon, dragging me towards him. He yanked at his scarf drawing me nearer. My face veered to a cherry red. Frowning, he stared dead into my panicking, blue spheres. Wow, his eyes were gorgeous. Coming face-to-face, he spoke, "A date, huh?" A cat-like smirk then curled over his lips, "Meet me at my place, 7:30 sharp. I'm warning you though..." He brought his face closer, our lips nearly colliding, "I'm not like most guys~" He whispered, his scraggly chin grazing mine. I gagged, choking up blood from the embarrassment. Shouta then released me, taking the bouquet of assorted, vibrant blossoms, "Thanks for the flowers though, Might." He stated, another catty smirk looming as he winked at me over his shoulder. I covered my mouth as more blood spewed from my lips. How was he so calm and confident about this?! I asked myself. In reality, I knew Shouta was nervous. I knew this because he could barely hold his grip on his scarf, his hands were trembling so bad. I saw the pink dusting over his cheeks as he kept his composure, "Class 1-A, that's enough training for today!" He hollered, receiving the students' attention. As Shouta attended to the class, I burnt out, hurrying to the Teacher's Lounge to clean up my mess of a face. Grabbing several napkins, a brightly, coloured bouquet caught my eye. Sitting at the rickety, blue table was a bundle of sunflowers, a note laid on top of them. Curious, I gently grabbed the note, scanning it. "Sunflowers always remind me of you. So bright and radiant. Also, blue suits you more than red. It brings out your eyes -Sincerely, Shouta" My face grew hot realizing that Shouta and I had the same idea. These flowers were for me. Beside the sunflowers was a lucent, blue tight. My face became a tremendous shade of red as I held the flowers close to my chest. "Oh, Shouta.." I murmured softly, a smile shaping my lips. 

---

[Author's Note]

Again! Sorry, it took a long ass time to update! School's a pain and I got writer's block again. Anyway, sorry about the shitty drawing, I wanted to draw something for this chapter and it was the best I could come up with :))

- Boyish_Loser16