Chapter 20

"Hi-i ." Luke said as he stood behind Scarlett's legs, scared from the stranger in his home. Scarlett smiled and looked at Luke, "baby, this is mommy's bestfriend, who's your uncle. He's been wanting to meet you." Luke looked at Scarlett then Fangs, still scared about the tall man. Fangs went to Luke's level and smiled, "hey Luke. I have a gift for you." Fangs took out a silver serpent necklace from his pockets. Scarlett knew the gift had to do something with SweetPea.

Luke looked at the necklace confused then at Fangs who smiled, "it's from your dad and me

Luke looked at the necklace confused then at Fangs who smiled, "it's from your dad and me. He said he misses you so much, and wishes he could see you." Fangs looked at Scarlett when he finished the sentence. Scarlett knew that if Luke got involved with the Serpents, she would never forgive herself if something happened to her prince. Sweetpea respected her wishes and didn't say anything about Luke joining when he was in the right age. Sweetpea knew about Luke and wanted to see him since he was born but he never came to visit. Luke smiled at fangs and hugged him, "thank-k you-u." Fangs smiled at the boy then looked at Scarlett, "you have to let Sweets see him." Scarlett looked at fangs confused, "what exactly did he tell you?"

After 2 hours of catching up and telling fangs the real reason Sweets doesn't visit, Scarlett called it a day. Luke was fast asleep in his empty room that only had a single bed in it. Scarlett kissed Luke's forehead and turn off all the lights. Scarlett locked all the doors and went to sleep.

In midnight, there was loud knocking that had scared woke up Scarlett because of the loud knocking. She quickly grabbed the closest object that can hurt someone and checked the peephole to see who was on the other side of the door. It was Sweets. Scarlett opened the door to find the strong smell of alcohol on the other side. "Scarlett.." Sweets said as he sighed. Scarlett looked at Sweetpea and smiled, "you look dumber and uglier as ever." Sweetpea laughed softly, "can i come in?" Scarlett's smile faded away and looked at the clock on top of the door, "Sweetpea, it's one in the morning... you smell like a bar full of whiskey... you need to go home, I'll call Ruby to pick you up." As soon as Scarlett turned around to start walking towards the phone, Sweetpea ran to her, "please don't !" Sweets went to his knees and wrapped his arms around Scar's legs, "please don't... I wanted to see you and Luke... I've missed you guys so much, my hearts been hurting just from the thought of something happening to you both." Scarlett looked away from Sweets with tears in her eyes, "...then why did you leave us? You had us... you left us... alone. You decide to choose my bestfriend... my bestfriend, Sweetpea... you know how that makes me feel..." sweetpea stood up to face Scar, he cupped his hands around her face, "I know, I know, and I'm stupid for that... you have to understand I was drunk when I slept with her... it didn't mean anything." Sweetpea and Scarlett stood there in silence until there was moving in the room where Luke was. "Is that him?" SweetPea said as he still had his hands on Scar's face, while looking at her eyes. Scarlett nodded slowly as she looked to the tall figure. "Please let me see him Scar... please." Sweetpea said as he started planting kisses on her cheek and neck. Scarlett pushed him away from her, "he deserves to have a father... I don't want him to feel abandon like us."

Luke fell asleep on the couch with Sweetpea on one side and Scarlett on the other. Scarlett woke up and decided to eat some fruit pebbles. While scrolling on her phone and crunching, she heard a little giggle behind the couch. She looked at the couch from the corner of her eye and saw raven hair and a dark brown hair sticking out from the top of the couch. She giggled as she got up from her chair and went to the kitchen cover-boards, "since Luke isn't here... I guess I'll just ate his poptarts, he'll never know" Luke got up and ran to Scarlett, "NO MOMMY ! ME POPPYTARTS!" Scarlett giggled and did a frown, "ah darn, I guess you can have them." Sweetpea laughed as he looked at scar, "mommy is a cacahead." Scarlett gasped, "Ouh no you didn't!" Scarlett ran to Sweetpea as ran to Luke for protection. "Mommy, no! Dadday no hurty." Scarlett looked at Sweets with dead eyes, "you're so lucky"