Chapter 2

I was shocked to see Blast in the door, but I needed someone to tell me where Mom was. He would be able to.

First, though, I needed to tell him what happened.

"I have some power that I need you to help me contain," I said.

"What do you mean?" Blast asked.

"I don't know what it is or where I am. I need your help," I said.

"You're dead. This is the after life."

I put on a shocked look, even though my sister had told me this (I didn't believe it either), and left because I was getting nowhere.

I was almost to the sidewalk when Blast called "No, Lucky! Come back! I can help you. You just need to listen and believe me."

I stopped and turned around, thinking about what I did to Finn. "I'll hurt you," I said.

"No you won't. You can't," Blast said, but then it seemed like he thought of something.

"I don't wanna hurt you. I already hurt Finn," I said.

"What do you mean? How did you hurt her?" Blast asked.

"I...I..." I didn't want to say it. I couldn't. I knew what I did and I knew people would start finding out soon, so I had to say something eventually, just not yet. Not to her dad. My dad.

"It's okay. It's just us," Blast said as I swam a bit closer to the door.

"I..." I whispered. "I killed her."

Blast stumbled back into his house. I could tell he was shocked and scared.

"You're a Sallaral," he muttered.

Bella said that as I left the party. "What does that mean?" I asked. Nothing was making sense. My family was obviously making up words.

"You're supposed to be in exile," Blast said.

He closed his door and came outside. "Your uncle, Sunset, was a very powerful Sallaral. He killed any Celestial he met, whether they deserved it or not. When he was finally caught, he was imprisoned in a place called Larani.

"There was a war not long ago. The Sallarals all escaped Larani and tried to wreak havoc on Proud Pond. A band of rebels--and a rebelling Sallaral--tried to put them back into exile, and succeeded, with many casualties. It is now illegal for a Sallaral, with good or ill intent, to wander Proud Pond. You need to go to Larani. Your mother will help keep your powers in check there," Blast explained.

It was so much information that I could barely wrap my head around everything.

But he mentioned my mom...

"Is...is Mom a Sallaral too?" I asked.

"No, Lucky. She's a Celestial. She chose to govern Larani. It's not just a prison for Sallarals. There are many Celestials that live there as well, by choice," Blast said.

"Can you explain Celestials and Sallarals a bit?" I asked.

"At the beginning of time, there was one of each animal. They were all able to reproduce on their own. Each one was given a name and a set of powers. These were the original Celestials.

"When a human rescues a Celestial from danger, all animals that are under their control become minor Celestials and come here when they die. Some minor Celestials have so much power that they are actually considered more than just minor Celestials. That is what Finn and Jemima are.

"Sadie saved a Celestial named Keat, who is one of the most powerful Celestials ever. She and her kittens wandered apart. Sadie's parents collected the kittens, who were gaining their powers, and would have ended the world if Keat weren't there to teach them. That's why we have so much power.

"Now, a Sallaral is a rare Celestial and much more powerful. They can kill any Celestial, including the powerful ones, and other Sallarals as well. That's what you are."

If I thought the first story was confusing, then this one was just a jumble of words.

"What do I do?" I asked. I was so scared and confused.

"We need to take you to Larani."