Chapter 9

We swam for almost two days straight with brief naps. In my dreams, Finn told me things about how Violet was definitely the voice in her head and that I shouldn't trust her. I wasn't, I was only playing her game.

"We're back to town," Violet said.

"You know who's more powerful than they should be?" I asked.

She scanned a crowd of fish in the middle of town, then pointed at a small molly.

"Him. He's a powerful Celestial," Violet said. She focused on him for a few seconds until he started shouting and clutching his head.

The crowd dispersed quickly except for a few fish trying to help the molly. I saw Bella and I swam towards her, ignoring Violet's attempt to make me stop.

As soon as made it to Bella's side, she got mad at me and didn't want me to hurt anyone else.

"I didn't do this. I didn't do any of this. Finn, Blast, Tremendous Trout-"

"Wait, what?"

"Long story. Just believe me. It's not me. It's our psychopathic sister, Violet. I can't kill her without your help," I said.

Suddenly, my head started to ring.  I got dizzy and collapsed. The noise of the crowd of fish dulled to a soft hum. Then I heard Violet's voice.

I trusted you, brother! I thought you were going to help me! she screamed.

No. I just needed to contact Bella, I said.

Suddenly, everything I could see became fuzzy and eventually turned to black, just like when I died the first time.

This is what death truly feels like, Violet said. I hope you like it.