Chapter 5

"What's Tremendous Trout?" I asked, remembering Blast mentioning it earlier, but not entirely sure what it meant.

"Trout, Powerful Parrot, and Keat are the most powerful Celestials to ever exist. Trout rules the waters of the afterlife, Keat rules the land, and Parrot rules the skies. Trout is the most evil and malicious ruling Celestial and is not fair in the slightest. He can sniff out a Sallaral and when he finds out you killed Finn, he's going to kill you rather than banish you. He kind of favored her power," Blast replied.

"How do we get away?" I asked.

"Swim as fast as we can in the direction of Larani, get in there, and make sure you're safe," Blast said.

"How long until we're there?" I asked.

"About five and a half hours, at this speed. He can't travel this fast, so when we need a break, we can stop off and hide behind a plant until he gets close," Blast answered.

"Let's do it. Worst case, I can kill him," I said.

"No! Sunset killed him and had major consequences. You could be executed in Larani!" Blast said.

"I said worst case! We don't have to. All we have to do is go top speed in the direction of this prison," I said.

"Just keep going!" Blast said.

We swam for a long time, until I needed to rest.

We veered off and hid behind a plant. I had trouble catching my breath, and it looked like Blast was equally as tired.

"Why didn't you say anything? You look tired," I said.

"It's your safety at risk, not mine," Blast said.

Suddenly he started screaming and holding his head.

"Swim the direction we were going--aah!" he started. "Keep going until you find the nest of rainbow plants. You should be able to go right through. Swim into them, find the blue bank. Jemmy should be there. Tell her why you're there."

"Got it," I answered.

"I love you, son," Blast said.

"I love you, too, Dad," I said, tears in my eyes. I knew I was killing my dad by accident.

"Keep going and leave me alone," Blast said.

"No! I'm going to stay with you, Dad," I said.

"Just...go!" he said.

I took one more look at him before swimming off to God knows where, only to see my father burst into a pile of dust and get swept into the current.