Chapter 7

Let me know who I should do next for the side story. And I hope you like this next chapter. 😁
3rd person P.O.V
It was the day before the New Years. Everyone was excited in the Curtis house because the girls were coming. (The Curtis cousin came earlier but that is for a side story) That is except Dallas. He was nervous because it was the first time he would spend a New Years with all of the people he cared about. Darry was excited because his cousin was coming over and his long time crush. He couldn't wait for them to meet. Ponyboy was excited because he was going to confess his feelings to Ru. Johnny was excited because María was coming to spend a night with him and he couldn't wait. Steve was going to a drag race with Liz. Apparently she is the best in California and Oklahoma. Two bit was excited because he has a ton of pranks to pull on the others. But they don't know that. Now Soda was the most excited and nervous out of all them. Vivian was not someone to mess with.  He did not want to slip up tonight. He was walking to his room when he heard ponyboy practicing something. "..... and Will you be mine?" He heard Pony say. "Hey Pony. That's a mighty fine speech."
Pony turned around and flushed with embarrassment.
Today marks the day Pony confesses his love for the one and only **** she was perfect. Her hair always bounced and looked like an apple orchard in a sunset. "Do you think she'll like my speech?" Pony asked Soda. He was good with the girls.
"She will love it."
"Oh look at the time! I have to go meet up with cherry. Which me luck!" Pony says with enthusiasm.
"Oh! Yea. Luck." Soda says in a tone. Soda went back to the dinning room and sat down. "Why didn't pony see that Ru likes her man!" Soda thought.
Pony was so confused. I thought this what he wanted. Pony thought to himself. He walked out of the house and towards the park. He see a red head standing by the monkey bars.
"Hey Pony! So what is it you wanted to tell me." Cherry looks at pony with admiring eyes.
"Well, cherry. Ever since I saw you at the theater, I couldn't get you out of my head. You were the perfect girl. Smart, beautiful, and funny. You were my perfect match and there was no other girl I could ask for," Pony says and she looks pretty happy. Before he could finish she says," yes pony I will be yours. I've had feelings for you the longest time."
"Right... about that, I knew you liked me from the gossip that goes around. But I'm here to tell you, that I don't like you back. Yes you were my sunset for the longest time, but then a new day arrived and I saw the sunrise. I thought you only fell in love once. I was wrong. Now I didn't ask for this, I was given a gift from heaven. As the sun was rising on a new day, a girl came from the town of New York came in and showed me the best seats for the perfect sunset. I've known her for the past few months and I just wanted to tell you that stop wasting your time on me. I don't like you in the way you like me."
Pony stood there with his eyes closed waiting for a slap. Cherry was mad as heck. She was the most popular soc in the school. How dare he reject her. She started to raise her hand high in the air. Little did she know that the most powerful graser was standing right there. Vivian tells them the plan and runs into position.
"What do you think your doing greaser?" Cherry screams.
"Saving a friend from a whore!" Vivian sasses back.
Pony felt a pair of small arms wrap around him. He opens his eyes and sees Cassidy and Vivian standing in front of him with a broken soda bottle in one hand and stern looks on their faces. He then turns around to find Ru comforting him. Pony feels his masculine instincts kick in and holds her in a protective way. He was so grateful that they were near by. Who knows what could've happened.
"Who do you think you are, talking back to the one and only cherry valance. Ruler of Oklahoma highschool."
Vivian couldn't believe what she hears. She steps into the light and cherry looks shocked. No one has ever seen the mean queen up close before unless they were asking for trouble. "Um, honey I run this side of town. I come from the line of Winston's. Who happen to to be one of the toughest greasers on this side of town. I was raised in the deadliest side of New York, L.A., and Chicago. I survived a whole week without water. I was attacked at birth by a mad man and I still survived. I can make your precious soc boys fall at my feet. I have been in the deadliest rumbles and only come out with a small scar. The toughest and deadliest greasers fear me! I have robbed more banks than you could imagine! I traveled the world running away from the cops in a old worn down mustang!I. Am. The. Mean. Queen. So if you want to end up like Lukas, I suggest you do what my friend tells you." Everyone just stood there shocked. Cherry look scared heck. She stomped off and scoffed. Vivian then let out a huge breath, Cassidy started to pick up the broken bottle pieces when she broke the glass soda bottle, and Ru went over and grabbed the nearest garbage bag and helped the two girls out. Once they were done they look at Pony, who had a lot of explaining to do.
"So, what are you doing out?" Vivian says
"All alone?" Says Cassidy standing on her right side with arms crossed.
"Talking to someone like her?" Ru says going to stand on the left side of Vivian.
"Uh- I was trying to tell her t-that I don't l-l-Ike her." Pony stutters.
"Come on let's go home." Ru says as she takes pony's hand. Now pony has never been in any contact with her so this action caused him to blush like a tomato.
They walk back to the Curtis house. Ru and Pony in the back while Cassidy and Vivian are in front.
"So ru. I uh have tot ell you something." Pony says. Finally mud tearing the courage to tell her how he feels.
"Ok! What? 😊" She says so innocently.
"We'll the reason I wanted to tell her I don't like her is because I didn't want her to be disappointed when she found out I have a girlfriend." Pony says leading her in the wrong direction.
"Oh. Who is your girlfriend?" she said in a dissatisfying way. Ru thought it was silly to get her hopes up, because she thought i guy like pony could never love someone like her, so she didn't.
"Well she is the most beautiful girl ever. Her glasses move down her nose when she is stuck in a book. Her hair is soft and looks this the sun when it sets on the land, and she smells like jam. She is caring and has a spunky personality. She is like a goddess, but sassy at the same time. Tell me how I ask a girl like her out." Pony asks because he wants to ask in a way she will like it.
Ru looks down at her shoes like she was dissatisfied but quickly put a smile on her face to show she is notorious unhappy.
"Well, first start out with what you said, compliment her. Then, you embrace her in a long hug because it makes her feel special.  Like she means the world to you. Once you've done that, you tell her how you feel and ask her to be yours." Ru said not expecting what happened next.
Pony embraced her into a long hug. She tensed up for a moment then relaxed and hugged him back. Then Pony placed his forehead on hers and looked to her eyes.
"Ru, till the moment I found you. I thought I knew what love was. Now I'm learning what is true, that love will do what it does. From the moment I saw you at the movies, I thought i saw a movie star.
From the moment I looked into your eyes, I saw the light of the lord as if you were an angle. You are the peace in my troubled sea and my lighthouse shining in the darkness. So I'm asking with all of my heart, with all of my soul and with what I have left of me. To be my one and only. Ru, will you be my girlfriend?"
All of time stopped in that very moment. She stood there looking into my eyes. She leans in and pony does too. This is it ru don't mess up! Ok pony, don't mess this up. They both thought as they share a kiss. Fireworks went off in their body's.
"Yes. Pony I will be yours." Ru says with a lot of confidence.
They stood there smiling like goof balls. It felt like his life was going to be ok for once. It was perfect when all of a sudden they hear clapping and cheers coming from the Curtis house. Ru and Ponyboy look over at the gang and they stood there clapping. Two and Cassidy faked crying as if it were a movie, Darry and Isabela smiling like proud parents, Johnny and María clapping with soda and Vivian. Dallas stood there with a small smile.
"Ok guys, that's enough, let's go inside." Darry says with Isabela nodding in agreement. They all went inside to have some food.
"So pony what happened to you digging Sherry Valance?" Soda asked while walking to the table.
"I found someone who would make me happy." Pony said and pecks Ru on the cheek.
As they were about to sit down, Steve and Liz come in with a big smile on their faces.
"WE WON 1ST PLACE!!!!" They shout and everyone cheers for them. Steve places the trophy on the table near the door and walked to the kitchen. They sit at he very end of the table. They all sit down and have a nice meal. At dinner, Cassidy and Two bit replaces the beer with vinger and they unscrewed the salt so that the boys get too much salt. They replace the cranberry sauce with slime. the whole gang was anger but the two pranksters made up fo fit by giving them back their food. Soda decides to himself that he will wait to tell Vivian because then it will be too much excitement for one day. Sure hey, he was a little bit disappointed, but with love comes time. After all, he had all of his high school life to tell her, right?
Darry goes an turns on the T.V. And everyone sits around with the person they love. As came to the final 20 seconds, everyone's eyes was glued to the screen.
"Hey soda? What would happen if i kissed you?" Vivian asks.
"I would most likely be the most happiest person ever. I would squeal like a girl and would jump up down like a 13 year old girl. Why?" Soda still looks at the T.V. When he said that. He didn't realize who said those words. When the clock started counting down Vivian gave the girls looks that and they knew what to do.
5 the girls start leaning in
4 "oh boys." They say at the same time.
3 The boys turn to face the girl who said it.
2 The boys question what is happening because the girls are only looking at their lips.
1 All the girls connect their lips to their boys. (Dallas is kissing a lamp because is drunk so what ever the boys are feeling, Dallas is not)
When the news reporter say Happy New Year the boys could feel fireworks in their stomach. It was like magic had just happened. Then they stopped kissing their crushes and hurried up to grab their stuff before the boys could come out of their trance. The girls left a video camera to see their reactions. They grabbed their stuff and left. Laughing to themselves along the way, excited to see their reactions because Vivian would sneak in and take back the camera to see what happened.
With the boys.
When they heard the door slam. Dallas knew what happened because he became somber during the time this all took place. "Oh Vivian, you really know how to get under their skin." Dallas said and chuckled to himself. He picked up the house after the mess. He cleaned the dishes, moped the floor, and he prepared the beds. The he fell asleep on the couch, but before he could he got pots and pans, went up to two bits ear and clanged them together. He quickly put them away and slept on the couch. All the boys got up immediately and forgot what happened. When it clicked int heir heads, soda screamed like a little girl in a candy store, two and Steve started acting like girls who just front rows to see hamilton, Johnny blushed a deep shade of red and sat down cris cross apple sauce, Pony just said "Omg" a thousand times while running around the house, and Darry just sat in his recliner folding his hands in front of his face and had a deep shade of red. Let's just say that the boys had the time of their life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey stars
So I kinda of lied. 😅 I posted early because I could not find a story to read and I was bored. I decided to finish because some serious drama is going to happen and I love writing drama. I'll try and post a decent amount of time so that's that. Alright, Have a Happy New year and Be a star! 😉 Or a unicorn 🦄

~Sincerely,
Shootingstar304🌟