Chapter 9

Vivian P.O.V
It has been 3 weeks since we heard the news. They still haven't found the man that hurt Johnny (mentally). It was a cool Tuesday and I decided to pay a visit to Maria I've been visiting her every Tuesday and Thursday. I know the boys have been searching for her all of Tusla. I wanted to tell them so badly that she wasn't near here, but I know I would have to ask Maria. She never said I couldn't give hints. When I last visited her, the girls an her were doing ok. They were running low on food so I decided to bring. I decided to get some food from the DX and then I would drop hints to soda and Steve so that they will tell Johnny. The gang promised they would tell him if they found any clues. I got my favorite sweatshirt on, some PINK sweatpants, grabbed my keys, out my uggs on, and them closed the door. As I was walking out of the comforting silent woods, I couldn't stop thinking this new feelings towards Soda. I haven't had these feelings in a long time. Did I have a crush on him? I decided to push those feelings deep down because the last time i let these feelings out, I was broken. I'm still a little fallen apart, but I hope that soda could piece me back together. As i was nearing the DX I could see soda sucking some other girls lips. Nope! I'm not dealing with feelings today! I walked into the little store and walked around grabbing food to last them another week. As I'm walking through the store I notice Steve come out of the lounge area. "Psst Steve! Over here!" I whispered shout hoping he would hear me. He whipped his head around to see me in the food aisle. He walked over expecting me to ask about the girl, but I brushed it off.
"Ok before you ask, that thot over there is Sandy and-"
"Steve. I don't care. I just need to find some food that will last all the way to the country and not expire." I sad emphasizing country hoping he would get the hint. Thankfully he did.
"Thanks a lot Vivian. this means a lot. The food your looking for should be in the last aisle. I'll only tell johnny because I don't think that Soda will care because he's so distracted by Sandy." Steve said.
I saw him walk over to tel. Soda what I told him. Soda just waved his hand to tell him to get going. Steve rolled eyes and wen tot the back to call Darry and tell him. I went to the last aisle and walked over to the cashier.
"Ahem. I would like to purchase this food and not have to throw up my lunch." I said in my Mean queen voice. When sandy turned around, she looked at me in disgust and fear. More fear than disgust. She backed up and hid behind Soda.
"Aww. Lover girl is hiding behind lover boy. Makes me sick."
"Oh Hey Vivian!" Soda said.
"My name ain't Vivian, It's the mean queen get you're facts straight. Now your gonna give me anything precious you own and I'll be on my way." I said in a threatening voice.
"Soda! Don't let her take the necklace you gave me! And don't let her take me." Sandy cried like helpless child.
I look to her neck and see the pineapple necklace my godmother gave me. Now you've done it Sodapop Curtis. I walk over to the back of the cashier and hold my knife against her neck.
"Now I don't what happened to you, but you need to cut it out before I call the police." Soda said. With a hint of fear in his voice.
"Oh soda. Disconnect your phone and DX phone line. Shut your mouth and get down on the floor. NOW!" I was getting impatient. Soda flinched and got to the floor. So did sandy. I moved her hair it the side, unclipped the necklace, and put the necklace on it's rightful owner. "That's all I need. Thank you very much." I said in a sarcastic thankful voice. I headed out the store and i noticed Steve saw happened in the store. I gave him a warm smile and he gave me a thumbs up. I went back to my place and loaded the groceries in the car. I drove past the Curtis house and see johnny sitting on the steps. I got an idea. "Hey Johnny how would like to see Maria?" I shouted. Johnny's head whipped up and he immediately ran to the car. I told him to hide in the back seat to make it look like he hitched a ride so that it didn't look like I took him. We drove all the way to the country and to the cliff that she jumped. "Ok johnny you can get out."
he got out and saw we were at a cliff. He looked at me with a questioning look.
"Why are we here?" He asked in an innocent voice.
"This is where she is. Cassidy and Ru are already packing up their stuff so they can return home today."
Johnny looked like he was about to cry. He must've been thinking she jumped and commuted suicide.
"Don't worry johnny she's happy whee she is. Now just follow me and you'll see her again." I said as I walked over to the edge of the cliff. I looked down and saw the bush. I stepped off the cliff and felt the excitement of the fall.