Chapter 11

Inner Vivian's P.O.V:
As I was walking towards the village up ahead, I noticed that there was a familiar person standing at the entrance of the gate. As I walk closer, the figure started to form. His leg was slightly crooked so he had to use a crutch, his soft blue eyes and rosey cheeks, that beautiful golden hair, his charming smile, and his adorable dimples.
"Hey sweets. Long time no see."
"CRUTCHIE!" I ran over to him and squeezed him. Crutchie was my best friend since we were little babies. Sweets was my newsies nickname because I loved candy and of my name. He lived all the way in manhattan, while I lived in Brooklyn. When I went over to the Brooklyn bridge, he would stand there watching the water every time. We would play "I spy", "never have I ever", and "truth or dare" everyday till' he had to back to the lodge. When i was sad, he would comfort me. He was like my younger brother and I loved him to death. When the strike started, we saw each other less and less. Then I moved and never saw him again. "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well you see I'm not really here. This is your imagination. In a few hours the circulation bell will ring and I will disappear until later." Crutchie explained.
"Oh." It was a little disappointing because I haven't seen him in years and now I finally get to hang out.
"But we can hang out now! Come on let's go hop a palomino!"
I smiled and followed him to the hoarse area. Since it was a dream, we got the horses for free and we rode all the way around town. When we were done we got some ice cream, sat by the Rio Grand, and watched as the sun set on the water. He told me what was going on down in Manhattan and how the newsboys were doing. Jack had gotten himself a girlfriend and the price for the paper went down by 10 cents. I told him how my life was doing so far.
"I think the circulation bell is about to ring. I'll see you later!" He waved and disappeared into the air.
"Bye Crutchie!" I smiled as he continued to wave till' he dissolved. I walked back to the town and found the perfect hotel. It was like the ones back in New York. I got the best room and let my sleep take over. Forgetting all my troubles.

Soda's P.O.V:
We all got in Steve's car and drove towards were Vivian was last seen. It was on the west side of town. Of coarse she heads there first. We got to the gate that welcomes the town, only to find that it had all been burned down. The once nice houses and all the luxury was now burned to the crisp. There were ambulances all over the streets. Many people got severely injured, but no one died. I looked over and saw Sherrie, Marcia, and Katherine all sitting down on a log wrapped with blankets around them. We passed by Randy's house and see only the fireplace standing. I look at the gang and they all had the same expressions, shocked. More tiny pieces of broken windows and wood scattered on the ground.
I bet this is what Vivian feels like on the inside. I gotta fix this as fast as I can. We went over to a soc we can trust. Her name was Annabeth. She lived with her boyfriend Percy and was good friends with Viv. They met while she was looking for a house. "Anna, are you ok? Which way did Vivian go."
"She went towards the north. I don't think you can do this on your own. Sure you have enough people she cares about, but you haven't gotten the other person. Dallas would know who he is." She looked over at Dallas and he looked at the ground thinking no about it. "Wait did you say he?" I questioned.
"Yea. He is one of her closest friends. They laughed and played with each other. They were inseparable and did everything together. I met the guy, and he's a real charmer."
This set a pang of jealousy running through my stomach. What if this was the guy who broke her heart, all those years ago. If I wanted any chance with her, I. Had to move fast. If Dallas does know the guy, then he might be able to break the spell. What if she falls in love with all over again. This sent a ton of horrible thoughts in their brain. I look over at dally who was scrunching his eyebrows together. I've never seen him think so hard on something. It took a while before he shot his head up and came to a realization.
"Ok gang, I know who Annabeth is talking about. He lives all the way in New York, so I'm gonna head over there as fast as I can and find him. You guys try and find Vivian. I'll be a few hours so whatever you do. Don't. Make. Vivian. More. Angrier." Then he ran off in the other direction, stole a car, and drove off at top speed. Percy ran over to Annabeth and gave her some warm tea, a fuzzy blanket, one of his sweatshirts, and some fuzzy socks. We said our goodbyes and got in Steve's car. We drove towards the north and saw a fiery, blazing trail of fire down the roads. Well now we know which way Vivian went. We followed the trail and it led all the way to an abandoned shed in winderxville. (Again I don't know how to spell it so just bear with me.) "Everyone has their stuff ready?" I questioned and they responded with a yes. Each of us got our bags on packed with everything Vivian loves. We got out of the car and carefully made our way to the big doors of the shed. Ruth and Pony looked scared as heck, Cassidy and two - bit looked so serious, Isabella and Darry were making an escape plan, Johnny was infront of Maria making sure she doesn't get hurt, and Liz and Steve were holding pats with nails hammered into them. On their back was an AK47 and a machine gun. I was carrying a flash light and a fire extinguisher. When we It to the doors, we could hear angry roars from inside the shed. I felt my head layered in sweat. Darry and I grabbed the big handles and yanked the door open. We all tiptoed inside and looked around. It was dark inside so I had to use the flashlight. We saw some burned photos on the ground and we went to investigate. Johnny carefully picked up the photos and ran towards us. The gang set their stuff down and sat. We put the photos in the middle. In one photo, there was a picture of a bridge.