Chapter 12

Vivian P.O.V
Now things have been crazy over the course of time. With heartbreaks, fire, and true friends, but today had to be the most craziest one. It started off as any day would. After my whole dilemma, the city boys had to go home. I got to sleep in because apparently the doctors said that I might explode again if I don't get proper rest. I couldn't even say goodbye, but crutchie promised me we would see each other real soon. I had no idea what he meant by that, anyway things have been normal with the town. When I went back to normal so did everyone else. I had a giant scar on my side because of the fact soda impaled a sword to my side. Maria took around fall on the battle field, so she had to be taken to the hospital. She was in bad condition: broken ribs, bruised head, concussion, broken bones, and a huge gash on her forehead. Johnny kept visiting her everyday in the hospital and brought her her favorite gifts. When she wasn't working or doing chores, Isabela would visit Maria and read to her. Maria had very few visiting hours because doctors were afraid she would pass out into a coma. This scared everyone a lot because , like I said before, she was like the tiny child. The doctors said that she would be out in a few weeks and that made everyone happy. For some reason Johnny and Isabela weren't as happy as I thought they would be.
I was on my way to go and pick up some groceries for dinner when all of a sudden, I see some soc boys. I've never seen them around town before, so they must be new. They spotted me and walked over to me, trying to look tough. Omg that's hilarious! When they got up to me I let them corner me. Since they were new, i decided to go easy on them.
"Hey there greaser. What's a gal like you doing all the way on our territory?" I felt the spit project against my face.
"Oh little old me? I was just mindin' my own business till you block heads came and bothered me."
"Don't talk to me like that! Or your gonna get it." He punched the wall tryin it intimidate me. This kid really asking for it.
"I'm gonna count to three and your gonna move out of my way before things get ugly." My rage meter was so close to exploding.
"What are you gonna do, hit me?"
"Yes."
With that, he pinned me to the wall. thinking he won, he raised his arm in the air and it flew down. I let come close to my face, but then I swiftly moved my head out of the way and his hands hit the wall. I take my right foot and kick his personal space. he let go and fell to the ground. His two friends charged at me at the same time, thinking that they would get me. With the shopping bag still at my hands, I jump into a straddle jump and they both run into a wall. They're both unconscious with in seconds. I walk out of the corner and all the food is still in the bag. I walk out o the store proud of my accomplishment today. Since it was night time, I blended in because I was known for strolling around at night. As I was walking into the house, something felt a little off. I scan the room to see if anything was off, two was watching T.V., Darry was on his recliner, Dally was looking for beer, Johnny was next to Steve, pony was working on homework, and soda was right in front of me.
"Hey. It's everything alright?" He asked and took the bags to the kitchen.
"Yea, I just feel like something's off a little." I hopped onto the counter while soda put the stuff away. He shrugged and sauntered away into the living room. There was a knock at the door, and Steve went to go answer it. Before he got to the door, it flung open and out popped the weasel herself.
"OH SODA! YOU'RE ALRIGHT! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" She flung herself onto him and started kissing his face, but he looked annoyed.
"Sandy, I think we need to talk." He pushed her off of him and she got off. "Look, I know you were my first crush and my first love, but I don't feel the same. I thought that you were the one, and I was heartbroken when you left me, but back then I was stupidly in love." He stated.
"But, you sent me letters and other stuff. You're the one who came running back to me!" She shrieked. Everyone took a step back at that point.
"I know, I know, but then someone came onto my life and made it better without realizing it. The way they smiled and how caring they were made it all better. I didn't realize I loved her till' that whole incident that happened. I realized how incomplete I was without her." He walked over to me and got down on one knee. He pulled out this beautiful, golden, pineapple ring, that looked like he spent a lot of money on. I stood there with one hand covering my mouth and the other in soda's hand.
"Vivian Winston, when I first snuck into your house, I thought you were the most beautiful person I met. You had this amazing personality and I adore how you care so deeply about your friends. You happily protect yourself and your very strong. Inside and most definitely outside. Will you do the honors, and be my gal?" Soda asked. He was sweating and slightly shaking. Of course he's scared that I will reject him. He has been before. The gang looks shocked and scared as well. Sandy is in the corner fuming but nervous. After a few seconds of thinking, I do the unthinkable. I grab him from his collar and smashed his lips into mine. We stayed like that for what seems like an hour. I pulled apart and he stood there with this goofy grin. "Does that answer your question?" I watched as the gang cheered and hollered. I turn around to find all of my friends cheering. Sandy stormed out of the house but tripped on her way out. As she walked out, I could tell that she was embarrassed. I smiled as I was congratulated by the gang and my friends. It celebrate we all went to Dairy Queen and got milkshakes. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end here in Tulsa. Isabela came running in the restaurant, panicked washed all over her face.
"Guys come quick! Maria's on the brink of death!" That's all it took for me to jump out of my seat and rush to the doors. I didn't care that I didn't pay, my friends are more important. Since it was a long way, Isabela and the rest of us got into the car, speeding off into the night. We reached the hospital and rushed out of the car. Isabel was the first to be let in because she was immediate family. The rest just sat in the living room anxiously awaiting for an answer. We could hear the machine all the way from here. I snuck past the nurses and doctors and made my way to the room where it happened. Maria's heart beat was flatlining. The doctors tried their hardest but after their final try, it was no use. She was in a better place. Tears started to form in my eyes. Isabela was bawling at this point. The doctors walked out of the room and let us in. I walked to Isabela and hugged her. When everyone else was inside, it was as if all happiness had died from the world. Johnny was holding one hand and Isabela was holding her other.
"Maria. Mer. Why did you have to go?! You were the only light I had! You were the only one that kept me from killing myself! If there is anyway you can come back, p-please.... c-c-com-me b-b-b-back."

Maria's P.O.V
The last thing I remember is passing out after that bug hug. I woke up to a bright light, and saw nothing. "Where am I?" I get up and find that I have a pair of wings attached to my back. "OMG! I can fly!" I spread my wings and they lift me off the ground. All of a sudden the regular white space turns into a galaxy and I fly through the Milky Way. THIS IS AMAZING!!! The stars shone so bright it was like I was a star of a show. The purplish sky looked like a master piece. The different blues were mixed with maroon and purple so nicely, Van Gogh could've done it. I was happily sitting on Pluto when I white screen appeared into the air. I fly towards it and see that I'm in a hospital room. There was my body, it looked lifeless. All of my friends are crying. Johnny and Isabela are holding my hands, two is crying and holding Cassidy, pony and Ruth ran to Darry who was holding them like a father and trying to look tuff, and finally soda was trying to calm Vivian down because she was having a melt down.
"Pp-please.... c-c-com-me b-b-b-back." Was what I heard Johnny say. I have to get back! But I'd miss this place. You have a choice to make Maria. "I'll miss you so much." I fly all the way backwards towards Pluto. As I spread my wings, the room started to return to its empty less form. I smiled remembering my wonderful time I had. In a blink of an eye, I spread through the air and braced my self for the impact I was about to encounter. I closed my eyes and prayed that I made it. I could hear faint sound of muffled cries and felt drip marks along my cheeks. I opened my eyes and said, "why is everyone crying?" All eyes were on me this time. Their eyes went wide with fear an excitement. "Maria?"