Chapter 8

Vivian P.O.V
It was a cold Saturday evening. The clouds covered the sky like a blanket and the cold air sent shivers up anyone's nerve. It was way to cold to even go out with just a sweatshirt. Me on the other hand, I'm in spandex and wearing a newsies sweatshirt. I walked out of the house and went to the DX. There I waited till the sunset so i can make my move. Now you may be wondering why I'm stooping so low, well it's because I want stay low for a while until I'm reassured that police stopped looking for me. I snuck through the back of the garage because I knew no one would be there. I snuck in through an open window and found myself in the lounge room. I snuck around the DX looking for the snack aisle. When I found it, i put chips and guacamole, soda/beer, and some candy because I love candy. When I was just about to get to the cashier area, I saw Soda and Steve walking this way. Shoot! I quickly took the money and headed to my escape window. I heard the door unlocking so I jumped out of the window, I felt like I forgot something, but decided to ignore it. If I did, I would come back for it later. as soon as I was out of the window, i ran as a fast as i could, I heard screaming and footsteps running behind me. I ran into the woods with my stolen good in the bag, ran through the woods, got into my house and plopped down on the couch. I made sure to take the complicated route soo they would get lost. It when i reached up to my neck that I lost my God mother's necklace she gave me! Oh no.

Soda P.O.V
I forgot to grab my scarf from the DX so I decided to go get it. "Hey Steve! I'm heading over to the DX to grab something that I forgot what to come?"
"Sure!"
We got on our winter gear and started our journey to the DX. "So Steve, you going to ask out Liz anytime soon? I know you dig her."
"Nah man, She ain't ready for that kinda of stuff. I'll ask her when she's ready. How about you and Vivian?"
"I ain't got a chance with her and it sucks! She is like seriously like an angle in disguise. She's the bad girl, but she has something in her that shows she cares. I just haven't found out what it is. When the time does come, I'm takin her to the place where I took sandy to make it special because she is everything to me."
We talked about cars for awhile and girls, until we reached the door to the DX. When we got inside, I sensed something was off. I looked around the store and everting looked like it was in place. I walked to the cashier area and nothing looked out of place. What is it that feel off? "Hey Steve we should pick up the money and put it in the safe till' the boss get's back." I walk to the back to grab my scarf when I saw something shiny glistening in the window. I went to go see what was it and saw this gold pineapple necklace. What the- I was interrupted in my thought when Steve screams, "SOMEONE STOLE THE MONEYS!!" I put the necklace in my pocket as I ran to see what he was screaming about. I look at the cashier and it was empty.
"They must've escaped through the back window! I told you we needed it fix that sooner or later!" Steve exclaimed.
We ran to the back and see someone running in the distance. "AFTER THEM!"
We ran and shouted for them to stop but they ran faster than pony. He runs pretty fast. They ran into the woods and that's were we stopped.
"DANG IT! We are most likely gonna hear it this time." Steve said out of breath. he put his hands on his knees and sat down on the nearest bench.
"Well, whoever robbed us left this necklace." I held out the pineapple necklace and showed it to Steve. He look at it in awe. I looked like it cost about 60$.
"Jeez, that's mighty fine jewelry. I'll bet ya they'll come back for it." Steve said I started gettin an idea.
"Yea! It must be some kind of family token. They'll want it back. So we lure them in the store and then when they come and grab it, we trap them!" I exclaimed.
We took the necklace home so that we don't lose it. When we got home, we told the gang what happened and they didn't seem to impressed.
"Dudes, can you think of anyone you know that would do something like this?" Dallas said.
I tried to think of people who would do something like this. "Nah, I can't think of anyone." I said.
They all rolled their eyes and went back to what they were doing.
"I feel like we should know but it's as if I'm having a brain fart." Steve said.
"Ewww Steve! Don't go stinkin it up in here." Two bit covered how nose and waved his hand around.
"Shut it Two!"