Chapter 13

Johnny P.O.V
"Maria?" was all I could say. Just a minute ago she was lying dead in my arms. Her cold beautiful body was sitting there, then as if like magic she just woke up.
"Did you really think I was going to leave you in this state?" Her voice was just as cheerful as ever. At this point I didn't care that we were in a hospital surrounded by people and doctors, I didn't care that I could've gotten germs, I just hugged her. I could feel myself bawling like a child in her chest. Arms wrapped around me as wet marks fell on my head and the sweet sound of her voice saying that it's ok now. Everything is going to be alright. The world has regained its color and I'm the happiest I've ever been. I'm always happy when I'm with her. That faithful day, my eyes were open. There is hope for the world after all.

********3 days later*********

Vivian's P.O.V
It's been three days since María got out of the hospital. Cassidy and Liz has been put in charge of making sure she stays inside. Darry got concerned so now the only time she is allowed to go out it's if one of the gang members go with her. Soda and I have been having a smooth relationship so far. Although he has been coming home late recently. Since my house burned down, I have been staying at the Curtis's house. It was a Saturday afternoon when my life was turned upside down.
The day started out as any day would. Soda, Steve and Darry were at work; Pony, Ruth, Cassidy, Two bit, and Johnny were at school; and I was in charge of María. I was rethinking of that night. As all of the others went home, me and soda went to my place and things got wild. I was worried because I have been throwing up and I have been using the bathroom a lot. I took the test and it came back positive. How should I tell soda? I was spaced out in my own thoughts, I didn't hear María say she was going to leave the house. It wasn't until I heard a loud scream that I realized María wasn't in the house. Shit! I shoved my shoes on and headed out looking for her. I ran and ran but could not find her. It was nearly sundown when I saw her gray sweatshirt on the floor. Covered in red stains. Oh no!
I followed the trail of blood until I reached the woods. There was a blood curling scream coming from the woods. I ran in the forest following my guys to where the scream was located. There was a clearing in the woods where a body laid. As I got closer to the body it was Maria. Her face had a huge gnash on top of her forehead, a long scar ran alongside her right cheek, and her arm looked disjointed. "María?!" I turned the body slowly over and checked for a pulse. It was faint. The wind gushed at my face and the sound of footsteps hitting the pavement was all I could hear. A car that looked familiar past by us, but I didn't care. I had to get her to the hospital. As nurses realized what was going on, the doctors quickly took her on a stretcher and zoomed her into immediate care. A police officer asked what had happened, thankfully he didn't recognize who I am. I told him about what I had saw, gave him the sweatshirt for investigation, and headed back to my place. I wouldn't visit the Curtis household for a while. Oh wait! I forgot my necklace. I walked back to the house to grab it. Little did I realize that was a huge mistake.

Soda's P.O.V
I was in the car on the way home from work. Today school got out late, and Darry had to work late, I was the first one home. Steve went to crash a party. I had took a seat on the couch when I heard a knock at the door. Who could that be? I opened the door and there stood a blondie my age wearing a short skirt with a tank top.
"Excuse me? Are you Soda Curtis?" She asked.
"Yep that would be me."
I stepped out of the way so that I can let her in. She walked to the couch and sat down.
"Can I help you with something?" I asked.
"Yes. You see I was told that you gave great advice and I was wondering if you could help me? I came here all alone and I don't know where to go."
"Sure. What's up?"
"Well, first off my name is Holly and my boyfriend has been cheating and mistreating me. And then as if I was total garbage, he just broke up with and I - I can't go on. It's too sad. What do I do? Do I chase after him or do I find a new man?"
"Well that's an obvious question. Move on! There are plenty of other fish in the see."
Before I knew what was happening we were leaning in to kiss. There was this little voice inside my head trying to tell me something but I ignored it and let the mood take over.

Vivian P.O.V
As I was nearing the Curtis house, I couldn't help but feel that something was off. Through the window, there were two figures making out on the couch. One silhouette was of a girl and the other was a silhouette of an all too familiar person. Tears whelmed in my eyes. Their noise was so loud, you could hear it from outside. Then the shadows got up, still making out, and headed for his room. I knew it was going to happen! Why was I being so stupid! No one will ever love me! I looked down at the ring and walked into the house. My necklace was sitting on the table, so I grabbed it, took of the ring, placed it down and wrote a note saying:
Dear my friends
I am leaving this town. Don't come looking for me or even try to find me. You may be wondering why I am leaving? You can ask soda that question when you guys get back. Just a heads up, I'm pregnant with soda's baby. I was going to tell him, but as you can see, he no longer loves me. Don't tell him this because he doesn't deserve to know. He broke me and that's final. I'm writing this letter because I don't want you guys worrying about me or where I am. I love you all so much.
Love,
Sugar cookie Winston

A single tear fell on the paper. Knowing that this would be the last time I see them, I made sure to leave something special behind. I left sodas ring he gave me and out the door I went. I got to my house and already Liz knew what was about to happen. She was sad, but knew that she couldn't change my mind. We packed up all essential belongings and put them in my bag. I chucked them all in my busted up mustang and headed towards the hospital. I was going to say goodbye to Maria one last time. I could tell her where I was going because I trusted her. I walked into the lobby and asked to visit María. The lady at the front desk said yes. The halls smelled of disinfectant spray and cleaning supplies. I walked into the room and to my surprise she was upright in bed talking to Johnny and the girls. María was covered in stitches and had a cast on her right arm. They all turned to me.
"Hey Viv! How's it going?" Cassidy said.
"Uh yea. Hey listen I uh got to tell you something." I nervously explained what had happened and they all looked shocked. María was tearing up, Cassidy was fuming mad, and Ruth just looked at the floor. Johnny was comforting María when he said that he promised not to tell anyone, so did the others. I hugged them all one last time and left the room. I got to the car and drove off into the night. Pondering what more does life have in store for me. As my mother once told me, it's a long journey to love.

Hey stars!
So this is the last chapter of my book. It was fun writing it so let me know if I should make a sequel or not. Leave a comment in the comments and I'll see you all later.
Bye 👋
~shootingstar304🌟