Chapter One

A/N:

Listen up. Here's the dealio.

The first few chapters may be short and rocky but that's just so I can get the ball rolling.

Also, a very large portion of the characters in this story are Russian. That being said, I have no idea how to write Russian accents. So imagine that those who are Russian are speaking with a Russian accent.

Got it?

Good.

Enjoy!!

-Anon💜😘😉🤭😏

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Isabella's POV)

"Do you have everything?" Mom asked.

"Yes."

"Passport? Wallet?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Grandpa is going to be there when you arrive. If you can't find him then call or text him."

"I got it, mom." I said. "I'm going to miss my flight."

"Don't forget to call us." She said kissing my forehead.

"I won't." I said as dad hugged and kissed me next.

"We love you." Mom said as dad stepped back and wrapped his arm around her waist. I could tell she was trying not to cry.

I made my way onto the plane and found my seat.

I turned 18 and graduated high school and I plan on going to college, but I've decided to take a year off first.

With my year off, I've decided to go stay with Grandpa Ivan and Uncle Maxim in Russia. I've never been to Russia. Grandpa and Maxim always come visit us, we never go visit them.

Dad has gone to Russia several times for business but he was only gone a day or two.

I'm very excited to explore and see everything.

It took some time to convince dad to let me go. I talked to him and mom talked to him. It took a few months before he finally agreed but of course he has terms.

1. I have to take one of grandpa's men with me everywhere I go.

2. I have to call at least once a day or once every other day.

3. It's okay if they don't know where I am every second of everyday but if grandpa doesn't know then I'm in trouble.

There's a few more but I won't bore you with them.

My plan ride was about nine hours and ten minutes long. I read and slept for most of it.

When I arrived at the airport it didn't take me long to find grandpa. He was holding a big sign with my name on it.

"Isabella, my beautiful granddaughter!" He exclaimed in his thick Russian accent as I walked up to him.

He gave the sign to the man standing beside him and pulled me in for a bear hug.

"How was your flight?" He asked.

"Long and boring. Where is Uncle Maxim?"

"He is getting everything ready for your arrival."

"Alright. We have to go get my bags and get Caesar."

Caesar is my dog that I got for my 17th birthday. He is a one year old Leonberger.

My mom and dad have two dogs at home

My mom and dad have two dogs at home. They have a white male German Shepherd and a male Leonberger. Both of those dogs were anniversary/Valentines Day/birthday presents for my mom three years ago.

They are extremely loyal to my mom and my dad, so I wanted my own dog. Now I have Caesar.

We grabbed my bags and got Caesar then headed for the car.

"Are you excited?" Grandpa asked as we drove down the road.

"Very. I'm excited to explore and see everything."

"I imagine so."

We arrived at his house, or mansion as some would call it, a hour later. Maxim was waiting outside along with a few other people.

"My favorite niece!" Maxim said as I got out of the car.

"I'm your only niece."

"Therefor my favorite." He smiled pulling me in for a hug.

"Isabella this is Aleksei. He will be your bodyguard while you are here. This is Zia, our housekeeper/maid. And this is Lev, he is my right-hand man. If you can't reach me or Maxim for any reason then call him."

"Nice to meet you all." I smiled.

"Let's get you settled in." Grandpa said.

He showed me to my room which Maxim and Zia put together. It was beautiful.

The color scheme was pearl pink, navy, champagne, white, and a blue/grey mix. It was very beautiful.

The room had a king sized bed, walk-in wardrobe, a full master bathroom suite, a small fireplace, a large tv, and a small balcony.

"This is beautiful. Thank you." I said putting my bags on the bed as Caesar walked around sniffing everything.

"Anything for you. Dinner will be in about a hour."

Once I was left alone, I grabbed my phone and called mom and dad. I let them know that I made it and that I was safely in my room.

I quickly unpacked my stuff and then headed off with Caesar to explore the property.

It was almost as big as our home in New York but not exactly. It had an indoor and outdoor pool, a small garden, tennis court, basketball court, a home gym, and a library.

I was in the backyard with Caesar when Aleksei appeared behind me.

"Dinner is ready."

"Lead the way." I smiled.

I followed him back to the house and to the kitchen with Caesar right behind me. I got the seat between grandpa and Maxim. Zia has gotten a dog bowl and sat it by my chair so that's where Caesar sat.

"Did you get your things unpacked?" Maxim asked.

"I believe so."

"Is there anything specific you'd like us to pick up for you? Something you forgot?" Grandpa asked.

"No, I think I have everything I need."

"Excellent." He smiled.

We ate and talked for about a hour and a half before I excused myself. I was exhausted so Caesar and I went to bed.

They were nice enough to buy Caesar a dog bed but he usually sleeps in the bed with me.

That night, I left the balcony doors cracked to let in some fresh air. It was probably the fastest I'd ever fallen asleep and I knew it was going to be a great year.