Chapter Seventeen

A/N:

Kind of just a filler.

Enjoy!!

-B. 😉😉😉😉💜😱💜😱

(P.S. Wasn't gonna post this till Friday but ya girl here just bought tickets to see BTS in May, so she's super pumped and excited!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Nik's POV)

"Your nickname is Ghost?" Seb asked.

"I've heard stories about you." I said.

"So have I." Lev said.

"Seen when he wants to be seen. Hidden when he wants to be hidden. Nameless unless he wants you to know his name." I said leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms. "You've got a hell of a record."

He shrugged. "I suppose. Not as good as V's record." Ghost said as he winked at Vince.

Vince rolled his eyes.

"You're the one that Il Diavolo went to jail for aren't you?"

"Possibly." He shrugged.

"Exactly why did you get locked up?"

"That has always been a mystery to us all."

Vince just smirked. "If I told you then it wouldn't be a mystery anymore. Where's the fun in that?"

"It's kind of like how the Joker doesn't kill Batman or vice versa." Ghost pointed out. "One kills the other and then what? It's all over. Nothing more to go on about. Why ruin the whole aspect of it when it's working just fine?"

"Exactly." Vince said.

"So the point is to keep on guessing?" I asked.

"Indeed it is." Vince nodded. "You don't know what I did to get locked up. Your imagination runs wild with scenarios. Some worse than what I actually did and some better than what I did."

"You're a psycho."

"He prefers the term creative." Juliet said placing herself on his lap.

"A creative psycho?"

"Just creative."

"And those two?" Diak asked looking at the twins.

"My.......apprentices. Highly skilled and highly intelligent apprentices." Vince smirked.

"Now back to the task at hand, what do we do now?"

"Like I said, I have men working on some leads but I'm sure your men can find something in your family journals."

"How do you know about those?" I asked.

"I've been in your house, remember?"

"Right. What could be in those?"

"Maybe there's another family with something to lose. Another family who was a piece in this war but sits on the sidelines."

I assigned three of my guys to start going through all the journals at the house.

"What are the rest of us to do?"

"Go about normal business."

"You sure, Boss?"

"Positive. Whoever is doing this doesn't know that we're working together yet. We need to keep that leverage."

"Which means your relationship will still have to be private." Juliet said looking at Isa and myself.