Chapter 3

'Tales of Archia'

XIN

Archia. The place which I only heard of. The place where he came from. The place, where he wanted me to stay. From what I've heard of, I thought it would be an old castle, messy dark and gothic as it may seem. But it was not. Archia was not just a castle. It was a whole Kingdom.

Kingdom of Archia. Kingdom of vampires. Jun's Kingdom.

"Welcome to my home."
He said, presenting me the whole kingdom in front of me. Yes, there was a fascinating castle ahead. But what fascinated me most was the village below the castle. It was clean, it was dark but clean. The concretes were monochromatic. It was as if an aesthetically pleased architect made Archia bit by bit.

Everything was detailed. It was so classy, so elegant but at the same time, so simple. A real eye pleaser. It was far from what I imagined it to be. Tumingin kaagad ako kay Jun na nakatingin lang sa tanawin. He rules this kingdom? By himself? And still being part of the team? He's managing his schedule strictly. Napakagat nalang ako sa labi ko.

"Come on. I want to show you something."
Mahina niyang sambit at iginiya na ako papasok sa village. Everyone immediately bowed to Jun when they saw him. Everyone looked at me and some of them recognized me by the girl who was the hindrance to Jun's rule and others recognized me as the hybrid who's guarding the realm.

Yumuko lang ako at hinawakan ang laylayan ng jacket ni Jun. Naramdaman ko lang na inakbayan niya ako at tsaka na kami nakarating sa harap ng palasyo niya. Well, it's a palace characterized to look like it's from the B.C.'s but it looks like it was stylized to look a bit modern, on the inside of course. Pumasok na kami at agad akong sinalubong ng yakap galing kay Jane.

"You finally came!"
Nakangiti niyang sabi habang hawak-hawak ang kamay ko at tiningnan si Jun na nakatayo lang sa gilid ko.

"Hindi mo ba ako babatiin?"
Angat-labing tanong ni Jun sa kanya. I was slightly taken aback by the sight of him smirking and raising an eyebrow. Huminga nalang ako ng malalim para kontrolin ang sarili ko at tiningnan nalang si Jane na naglakad papunta sa harap ni Jun. "Welcome back, King Wen JunJun." Napatakip nalang ako sa bibig ko dahil sa sinabi ni Jane. Wen JunJun? Why does that sound cute suddenly? Jun just mocked Jane with a smile. Lumapit lang si Jane sa akin at nag-cling sa braso ko.

"Now if you'll excuse us, my King. I'll take your gorgeous Queen to a tour."
Tiningnan ko lang si Jane dahil sa sinabi niya at tsaka tiningnan si Jun na aangal pa sana pero hinila na ako ni Jane. Nilingon ko nalang si Jun na nakatingin sa akin. Ngumiti lang ako sa kanya.

"We'll see you at the dining room, King Wen JunJun."
Pahabol ni Jane sa kanya dahilan para matawa ako at tiningnan si Jun na napasapo nalang sa noo niya. Jane dragged me into a hallway habang nakangiti lang siya at nakatingin sa unahan.

Then I just noticed Jane's features from up close. She had a pretty nose line, skin as white as milk, hands as cold as it could be. Her lips were curvy, and her hair was soft and lively. The difference she has from Jun is her eyes. She has dark enchanting eyes. Tiningnan ko nalang ang paligid ng hallway na dinadaanan namin at napahinto ako nung makita ko ang family portrait nila.

I saw Jun's parents for the first time. I only saw cloudy visions of his parents whenever I do the memory lane on him. Pero ngayon, kitang-kita ko na sila. Jun and Jane were standing at the back of the sofa that their parents were sitting on. Jane was smiling, like her Mother. While Jun had a straight face, like his Father. Tiningnan ko ang mga singsing na suot nila. The Archia's ring.