Chapter 39

'Uncover'

XIN

"Oh, ito. Wiggles. Para sa buhay mong napakaraming twist." Napanguso lang ako sa sinabi ni Hoshi at tiningnan ang isang pack ng wiggles na nilagay niya sa harap ko.

I just told them the exact thing that Shine told me. And they all had the same replies. They don't remember anything about the meet-ups, the training we had, the games we played and all. Walter don't remember babysitting the kid version of ourselves. Jun doesn't remember being unconscious in a lab bed inside an isolated room.

None of them remembers.

All of them remembers our past, our childhoods. But none of us remember interacting with each other at the facility. In such cases, for me. I remember my days at the camp, me being bullied at the camp, but I don't remember Milo. I don't remember being taken care of by Walter since he's the only adult in us that time because Jun was isolated in a room.

None of us remember being formed as a team back then.

"I guess he just erased the memories of that certain interaction with us. Dahil hanggang ngayon, hindi ko parin naaalala ang mga 'to."
Sabi ni Seth at tinuro ang footage namin noon na naglalaro. The evidence was right there. That was us, playing, training and such. But none of us remembers that. And it could be true, he just erased that memory. But I wonder who. Was it Xavier? Was it Storm who erased those memories?

We're all still confused. Even Shine can't answer my questions. She said, it's better to ask Storm or Xavier himself. But I can't even get contact with the two.

"I'd prefer not remembering this embarrassment."
Walter joked and pointed and how he was babysitting all of us while we're running around. Mahina akong natawa dahil sa sinabi niya at tsaka ko tiningnan si Jun na nanatili lang nakatitig sa ipad na hawak niya at dun ko nakitang nakatingin pala siya sa footage ng kwartong kinaruruunan niya.

How he was attached to tubes and machines like he's being stored.

"I don't remember any of this."
Sabi niya at tiningnan ang sarili niya. I just rubbed his back to sooth him in any way possible.

"I think this is what happened after Baley k-killed your parents. You ended up in the lab."
Tumingin ang lahat sa akin dahil sa sinabi ko. I was referring to Baley's memory when after they killed the Wens, they said that the boy was missing. And that boy, was Jun. He might've ended up in the lab after he ran away.

I saw Jun gulped a few times at dahan-dahang tumango habang nakatingin sa ipad. We're still not sure about how he got there, but that was my assumption.

"Do we even have to remember any of this? Sa tingin ko na sapat lang na makita natin 'to, just so that we knew what happened back then. But we don't really have to remember this, right? We should just enjoy the memories we have now."
Nakapangalumbabang sabi ni Vernon habang pinaglalaruan ang isang lastiko sa daliri niya. Tumayo agad si Dino at kinuha ang lastiko sa kamay niya dahil baka basta-basta nalang din itong tatapon gaya noon.

"Oo nga. Tsaka malamang wala rin naman tayong maaalala tungkol dito kahit na hindi 'to inalis sa atin. I mean, look at us. We're mindless kids running around a facility."
Nakangusong sabi ni Hoshi kahit may chocolate pa siya sa labi dahil sa kinain niya kanina.

"You're the only mindless kid here, Hosh."
Diretsong sabi ni Wolfie at tinuro si Hoshi na tumatakbo sa video na walang damit. He just gave us a toothy grin and laughed at himself. Huminga nalang ako ng malalim at tumingin sa team.