The End

Rain fell from the sky as the last person put a flower on the wooden coffin. They were white lotus flowers. Kakashi remembers that Chikako knew he meaning of flowers. A lotus was her favorite. As he was going through her room he found a book with a ribbon marking a page.

the lotus flower is mainly considered as  a symbol of rebirth since it rises from darkness and turns into a beautiful flower with pink and white petals much like a human being born from nothing and turning into something complete and beautiful.

Kakashi smiled.

"Like a lotus flower you to have the ability to rise from darkness and spread your colors and fragrance to our world"

Tsunade stepped up to the platform to send Chikako off with a proper Kohana send off.

"And so I am  proud to stand before you all and grant Chikako Uchiha-Hatake the title of Great Sage" small and quiet claps came from the audience. Most people just looked down in bitter sweet sorrow. What good would a title do for a dead person?

Kakashi shook his head. That day was a long time ago. They buried Chikako almost two years ago.

The whole village grieved for a long time.

The village took some time to rebuild. During that time story after story was passed around about those lost.

Naruto found solace in Hinata and they began a relationship. Shikamaru ended up going with Temari to the sand for awhile and another relationship kindled.

Lee trained with Guy as long as he could. If he was stronger then nothing like that has to happen again. Tenten started a relationship with Lee. They got along well. One a weapon master and the other and master at hand to hand combat.

Jiraya stayed in the village to train Naruto and help Tsunade with her work.

Hikari moved in with Ranmaru and Raiga. They all became leaf Shino and help around as much as they can. Kiba and Akamaru train together and Shino does he same. Ino found a by named Sai after Sasuke destroyed Danzo and his ROOT organization.

Itachi and Sasuke both live in the Uchiha compound and take good care of it. Their relationship is strong and loving. During that day Chikako even healed Itachi's disease and his eyes.

Choji tried not to change much, but with his Shikamaru gone, Ino training with Sai and his sensei dead, he had no one to trial with. His dad ended up stepping up and Choji even began trying to reinvent the food tablets so they don't have any negative side effects.

Kakashi is still as lazy as ever and trains team seven. He took it upon himself to keep Chikako's room clean and help with the kids. He also mourns Chikako's mother and father during the winter.

He really did have an uncle. It turned out.

The the necklace with the souls of the Hokages and Kakashi's dad was taken off of Chikako's body and given to Naruto. He tries to talk to them as much as possible. Especially his dad

Gaara woke up a few days after the battle with Kankuro and Temari at his side. They both had tear stained faces. Kankuro Hugged Temari as she told the story of what happened. Gaara hasn't been the same. He's colder in attitude, but helps whoever he can. He's taken in a lot of young children that don't have families to live with.

Neji drowned himself in training. He wouldn't talk to anyone for weeks until Hinata got him to speak again. Even now he only really nods his head and shakes it. He's not even sure what his voice sounds like anymore. Neji devoted himself to reading and his clan.

Many people have been trying to find information on the Rose clan but it seems that it was completely wiped out. Only rumors exist now.

The Uchiha brothers, Neji and Gaara do as much research on it as they can. Finding anything about females with Sharingan to tailed beasts.

Kuroitora and Shirutora ended up being taken out of Chikako's body and given a temporary human form. They need to wear one of the gems Naruto found in a book in Chikako's room. It had all the information he needed. While alive, she studied the tailed beasts as much as she could. In the end she realized that the thirteen tails was a special case.

Shirutora tends to stay in her tiger form and Kuroitora carries her around.

Kakashi sighed. It's been awhile since everyone has been in the village at once. It was noon when Kakashi checked the clock. It was about time. He made his way over to the meeting spot and found everyone there already.

"You're not late for once in your life" Naruto joked.

"He's not late but not early either" Sakura points out. Kakashi chuckles.

Everyone was finally together again. They all spread out the blankets and put the food out. Everyone who was by Chikako's side that night and cried that night came to the picnic. Even Iruka stopped by.

Minutes faded into hours and the sun stared to go down. The bells tolled telling everyone what time it was.

Thy all took turns talking to Chikako either out loud or in their head. Once they were done they each took out a white lantern with a lotus flower drawn on it and lit the candle in the middle.

On three each persons lantern flew up into the sky soon followed by hundreds of others.

Tears streamed down some faces that night.

After everything was packed up, they all went back to the Hokage's tower to drink and eat dinner until they pass out. Just like before. The moon was shining through the windows. A single person stood next to the window. Their clothes moving with the breeze.

"You're all out. You guys need to take care of yourselves. I'm not here anymore" Chikako chided softly.

Neji and Gaara's eyes flew open and they looked over at the window.

They saw nothing. There's always nothing. Without disturbing anyone they closed their eyes again and drifted off to sleep with her in their dreams.

"Goodnight Chikako"