Chapter Two

(y/n)'s POV

It'd officially been a day since the Heathers decided to take me in, and now I had to be presented to the school. We skipped yesterday to get my clothes and just decided to hang in 7-Eleven the rest of the day, much to my dismay. I knew my parents wouldn't be happy, so when confronted I lied and said I felt sick and hid in the bathroom all day. It was a spontaneous lie so it had loopholes, but I'm an actress so I hid it well. I felt really guilty, but at least I looked cute now. 

I looked actually really different, which was shocking. My (h/c) hair is accented by a bright purple bow on the back of my head, I had a ton of natural looking makeup caked on my face, and my curves were now to be seen by all with my short, lacy black skirt. On top I had a white button down and a bright purple blazer to match my bow, with dainty silver buttons. I also wore purple knee-high socks with matching silver threads swirling around, and black heels with about 2-3 inches of heel. A millimeter more and I may have faceplanted while they show me off. Eventually they'll boost me up when I get more used to these, though.

I felt like royalty as I walk into the school, hovering near Veronica. We were the odd two, the recruits, so the Heathers felt it seemed appropriate. I tried to keep my head high as whispers surrounded me, but I could feel anxiety building up in my chest. I really hated the attention, besides when I was onstage, seeing as that was hardly me. That was someone with a different personality who had my voice and my body. Now, I had to be completely me. And I really hated it.

"Remember, Just keep looking forward, just next to Chandler's head." Veronica leaned over and whispered. I could tell she was going to be my only friend in this group, besides maybe McNamara, but she was weird. Her comment about me was how proportional my arms were, and that concerned me a bit. 

I glanced at her and nodded, smiling softly, before turning my gaze back forward with the stony expression the rest of these girls wore. My skirt was revealing far too much of my leg and my lipstick felt strange on my lips. I felt dumb and probably looked dumber. Whispers still filled my ears, broken by some guys whistling. Those guys happened to be Kurt Kelly and Ram Sweeney, dumb jocks who cared about nothing more than football and sleeping with pretty girls. 

"Heyyyy, Heathers, who's the new chick?" One of them stepped forward and asked. I could never tell them apart so I had no clue which.

"This is (y/n), treat her decently, Ram." Chandler chuckled, with authority oozing from her voice. Ram smirked at me and tried to swagger walk towards me but it instead looked like his legs were stiff and he had a rash on his inner thighs. It wasn't exactly "cool."

"Hey, (y/n). Skirt looks nice on you." He winked at me and I felt really awkward. I may be bi, but at this moment in time I felt as if he ruined guys. I'd rather be gay than be in his sight. He smelled gross, like pungent B.O that I could smell from a foot away. He was getting really close and I was not into it.

"Oh... thank you Ram." I smiled seductively at him and then turned my head away. I was so lucky I was an actress or else that would have turned out really awkward. I glanced back at him and he seemed stricken, but was grinning. But at least he took the hint and went back over to his friend. Good riddance.

"You handled that well." Duke complimented, not bothering to turn back to me. The rest nodded and Veronica punched my shoulder.

"What a charming girl, eh?" She teased and a giggled and I nodded.

"Apparently. I guess being in drama club pays off. He smells." The girls all chuckled in agreement. Chandler seemed a bit displeased. 

"You don't need to flirt back all the time, by the way. Just sometimes gives 'em enough fuel to leave you be. Or yell at them occasionally. It works." She informs. I don't know what the look in her eyes is about but I meekly nod. 

"Good. And remember, there are better guys to flirt with. Even Kurt could give you a leg up in social status, but he seems taken. Just don't lead Ram on." Chandler continues on. I just nodded along and mumbled agreements. Being a Heather was stressful already.

(795 words)