Chapter Eleven

Veronica's POV

I chuckled as the demon queen admired the napping girl on her shoulder. Such an evil person turned to absolute goo at a pretty girl. Makes you wonder huh? The great force of love. As I thought of the word "love" JD came rushing to my mind. He was just really cute, okay? I wasn't  in love, since I just met the guy. I was too smart for love at first sight, I was gonna get into Harvard or Duke or maybe Yale. I was gonna go to a good law school and marry someone who graduated with me and start a family in years and years. Not today. Not now.

I was not in love.

But that wouldn't be the end of the world, would it? You look at the feared Chandler and she's the happiest I'd ever seen her, staring at some girl. JD would be my (y/n), I'd hold him and press soft kisses to his temple (if we were laying down or he crouched down, seeing as he was pretty tall). Who gave a fuck about gender roles? I'd love him and nurture him and protect him. Because oh my god, he was really hot. I knew I wanted to date him. I had a crush. I didn't submit to love, but there was something there.

Heather Chandler's POV

Nothing made me happier than when a napping (y/n) snuggled her face further into my shoulder, arm somehow ending up around my waist. I held her hand by my side and rubbed the back with my thumb gently. Her skin was soft. And she smelled really good.

Fuck my gay life.

I moved my free hand to her (h/c) hair and played with it loosely. It too was pretty soft. I would recommend cuddling this girl, she was very soft and sweet.

She dug her face further into my shoulder if that was possible, and let out a small, contented sigh.

I felt someone staring at us and looked up. The Heathers were involved in their own conversation, so it clearly wasn't them, and nobody else in the room was bold enough to genuinely stare at me. I was too scary. But then, I caught his eyes. That damn JD was making steady eye contact, and I couldn't read his expression. There was a darkness I didn't like. His face itself was standard, dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin. But his expression sent chills down my spine. Something in his eyes, his smirk, has body language, was dangerous. I tore my gaze from his. Did he intend to hurt me?

Did he intend to hurt (y/n)?

Oh please, I'd die before I'd let him hurt a single hair on her head. She was a precious diamond, and if I had to punch him in the throat for him to realize, I would be very willing to. But if he took it to heart and pursued her, I'd gladly punch him again. She was mine, I was willing to admit I was in love. I'd had a stupid little crush since 8th grade when she showed up on the first day wearing a fluffy black skirt (there were so many layers) and her hair was cut in a different style, making her look really pretty. 

And then she joined my group, and I regretted hardly recognizing her that day. But then everything came rushing back and crashed down on me. Holy fuck, she was so beautiful and kind and had a weird but cool fashion taste. She was smart but didn't let it on much, she knew the name for basically every shade of every color on the planet. She was amazing.

And I wanted nothing more than to kiss her and hold her. I wanted to share a bed with her every night and have her fall asleep first, so I could watch her breathing. I wanted to fuck her gently, but with so much passion so she'd know I loved her. I wanted to see her walk down the aisle in a lacy white dress that probably had sneakers underneath. I wanted to adopt children and watch them grow up.

I wanted her to be mine, and I wanted to be hers.

I could have rambled on in my head for centuries more, but the bell went off, waking (y/n) from her little nap.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, how was your nap?" I joked, realizing that I was still holding her arm around me. She seemed disoriented and didn't realize yet.

"I fell asleep?" She asked, blinking. I nodded and curled my lips into a smile.

"Am I that comfy?" I asked, and she realized that she indeed, fell asleep cuddling and holding me. She recoiled and jumped backward in the seat, eyes wide open. She also looked as if she was blushing a bit. Cute.

"You... I'm sor-... I'm so! Uh... er.. You... Sorry!" She squeaked, screwing her eyes shut and wincing. I chuckled in response.

"It's perfectly fine. We skipping again?"

"Yeah, sure! Wait, where did the others go?" I too, didn't realize they'd all disappeared until she pointed it out.

"I think they have a test this period or something." I shrugged it off. Knowing them, they wanted to give us alone time, but I wasn't going to tell her that. She might guess that I liked her and I was nowhere near ready to confess a thing yet.

"Alrighty then. If it's not inconvenient can I nap on your shoulder again?" She sounded awkward, but I nodded and smiled. Her face lit up and I giggled at her behavior. But then, I got an even better idea.

"What if you lay your head on my lap instead since you have room to lay down now?" I suggested gently sand she nodded. At this point, I was worried for her health. Had she slept at all last night? There were huge dark circles under her eyes and she seemed so exhausted, so I doubted it. She fell asleep while I looked at her with so many questions. Was her home life okay? Why wasn't she sleeping? The poor thing needed sleep and I was more than willing to help.

I gently twirled her hair around my finger and held one of her hands. She seemed content and happy, which made me smile down at her. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

(1073 words)