(43) Only one of us can go.

"Revenge is an act of passion, vengeance
is an act of justice"

Lucca walks over to me and helps me up. I swing my arm over his shoulder and he gets a hold of my one side.

We walk out the door and it's finally safe to say this place is falling apart. There's fire everywhere, the ceiling is starting to fall and electric sparks are flying everywhere.

We go down the route that leads back to the room we were held captive in. Just before we turn the corner the ceiling falls in and some pipes burst.

We turn around and go straight. We go down a few broken escalators as the fire starts to rise.

It's incredibly hot in here. My lungs and eye are starting to burn from all the smoke and my the heat from the fire has me thinking if I'm still fighting to live or have I arrived in the pits of hell.

"Are hanging up alright" luccas asks me.

"Yeah, you?"

"I'm alright" he says in a raspy voice.

We realize we're on the fourth floor and head towards the elevators we used.

Since taking the elevators isn't ideal we go down 8 flights of stairs before we reach the first floor.

Things have been chaos but nothing compares to what's in front of us.

Flames and electric sparks everywhere. Black piles of rubble everywhere. I notice more and more as the fire continues to destroy everything in its path.

We run through the scorching heat until we reach the front door. We don't have to open it since the glass is shattered so we just go through them.

"Will we make it before the fire catches up." I ask letting go and limping.

"Definitely." Lucca says as he tries to get my arm back on his shoulder.

"Don't worry I can do it." I say in between breathes as I half limp and half run to the tracks.

"Let me help Avia." he says taking my arm.

He has the chance to make it out but I on the other hand in my state...

I'm as good as dead.

Another bomb goes off right behind us and we fall to the ground.

"Avia I need you to listen to me now" Lucca says turning to me.

"There's a garage up ahead. 2 minutes from here. Get there and wait for me Okay. You'll definitely be safe there. I'm going to go get Gale. He should have a found a car by now. Promise me you'll do it Avia" he pleads.

"Lucca I don't want to leave you." I tremble.

He lets out a sigh before saying, "Avia I need you to do this for okay, I'll be fine now and even if I don't make it you should that I love you, now promise me" he says now holding my hands and looking me right in the eyes.

"I promise and I love you too." I say softly before he crashes his lips into mine.

Soon after Lucca pulls away and looks at me one last time before he turns around and disappears into the flames.