Road Work Ahead

Jaren's P.O.V
                                     - - -
I woke up with Alyssa in my arms. I grabbed my phone to check the time, 9:30am.
I attempted to untangle Alyssa's from me without waking her. She looked so peaceful. Eventually I successfully got up, I heard Alyssa groan out but cuddled into the sheets and continued to sleeping like a little baby.
How'd I get so lucky?

Today I'm going to take her on that date I mentioned to her. Yesterday was like a semi date, but today I'm hoping will be even better.
I went downstairs into the kitchen.
I was greeted by Octavia. I let her outside into the backyard so she can do her business while I got her food ready. I let Octavia back in so she can eat her food while I cook breakfast for Alyssa and I. I don't usually cook breakfast but since I woke up earlier, why not.

I made a simple breakfast and set it all up on the table. I went back upstairs with Octavia following me.
"Go wake her up girl" I said to Octavia, smiling.
Octavia jumped up onto the bed and started licking Alyssa's face. I let out a chuckle and Alyssa slowly woke up.

                            Alyssa's P.O.V
                                 - - -
I woke up to Octavia licking my face and the sound of Jaren laughing. I tiredly smiled and sat up a bit. I usually hate being woke up because I'm not a morning person but this was too cute. I hugged Octavia and gave her a kiss on her head. I go up to Jaren and kiss his cheek. He frowned.
"What's up Jaren?" I said frowning back at him. He pointed to his lips. I shook my head no.

"Whyyyy notttt?" He whined out causing me to giggle.
"Not until I brush my teeth loser" I said.
Jaren shook his head and pouted as I went into the bathroom to go brush my teeth. I also fixed up my hair because it looked like a whole ass mess. I finished up and exited the bathroom.
I saw Jaren sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for me. His eyes lit up when he saw me. I couldn't help but aw. I stood in front of him to have him pull me down onto his lap.

He put his hands around my waist and kissed me passionately. He pulled away and touched our foreheads together.
I felt like this was some shit out of a movie, how did I get so lucky?
He threw me over his shoulder and bolted out of the room causing me to scream but then die of laughter.
Once we reached the kitchen he put me down and pulled out a chair for the table. I saw he made the cutest little breakfast. I kissed his lips and thanked him then proceeded to sit down. He sat down as well and we both started to eat. Damn this boy can cook. Get you a man.

But technically Jaren isn't my man, so it's kind of confusing. Well, I guess we'll just play it out and see where it goes.
"Tonight, I'm going to take you on that date I mentioned, is that okay?" Jaren asked.
"I thought yesterday was our date?" I asked, a bit confused.
"No no. That was a semi date, tonight is the real one" He said winking at me, causing me to blush. What does this boy have in plan?

We both finished up eating and went back into his room. He recorded had to record some CS:GO with Cam, Eric and John (John on The Radio).
I just laid on the bed and edited some videos on my laptop. I had my headphones in so you couldn't hear it in the video Jaren was recording. I could at times faintly hear the dumb ass jokes they were making to cause me to roll my eyes and smile. My friends are weird. Jaren ended up finishing recording about an hour and a half later. I also finished editing my video. It was already partially edited so it didn't take too long. I posted it to Youtube shortly after finishing. Jaren plopped into the bed next to me. We just cuddled and laid together till it was around 5pm. Jaren told me earlier how our date would begin around 6:30 / 7. I got up out of the bed causing Jaren to whine a little and me to laugh at him. He told me that our date would be "semi formal" so I built my outfit off of that. I grabbed all I needed to take a shower and went into the bathroom.

I took a semi quick shower, I took a bit longer because I had my own little concert in the shower. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body only to realize I forgot a bra. I exited the bathroom with my towel still around me to be greeted by a wide eyed Jaren. I blushed as I went to my suitcase and grabbed a cute bra and returned to the bathroom. I got dressed and finished up getting ready.

I exited the bathroom once again to see Jaren fully ready. He grabbed my hips and brought me closer to his body.
"You're so hot, like what the fucccckk?"
He said, in an overdramatic tone.
I blushed and winked at him causing him to kiss me. I giggled in the kiss but pulled away.
He was looking tasty as fuckkkk, in a non weird way, yikes. We went to his car and drove to this cute little restaurant. It was bougie as fuck or anything but it was causal but still like a little fancy. We ordered and waited for our meals and ate. I won't go too in depth about that stage but the date was already perfect, but I guess Jaren had another stage of the date.

He wouldn't tell me what it was till we got there. He told me to close by eyes while he set what he planned up. It didn't take too too long but a fair amount of time.
He led me out of the car with my eyes still closed and took up to the area he set up. I opened my eyes when he told me I could, I stood in aw. He took us back to the little park we went to yesterday but there were roses scattered in a circle with lit up candles.
We stood in the middle of the circle.
"So um, I don't know if you like it or not but um-" I cut him off and peck his lips.
"I love it." I said, causing Jaren to smile.
"Well.." He got down on one knee, causing me to give a look of confusion.
"..I'm not proposing, even though it kind of looks like it" I relaxed a bit.
"But I just wanted to say, from the moment we both confessed how we felt about each other, I've fallen for you more and more. We aren't even officially dating but I love all your kisses and cuddles, and all the little things you do. From just playing with Octavia or when you laugh at my terrible jokes." I giggled, feeling my eyes tear up a little. He continued.
"Well all I'm trying to say is that, I want to be with you. Like for real for real. Even though it may be kind of difficult, I know for a fact I want you to be mine. So Alyssa, will you do me the honors in officially being my girlfriend?" He finished off. I felt tears coming out of my eyes at this point. I swear, I'm a drama queen.
But really, how can one boy be so perfect?

"Yes." I whispered, nodding my head.
Jaren stood up, and began to pulling out a box a little box with ring in it.
"It's a promise ring, as well as a little present because you've always told me how you want to get a bunch of rings like John." I giggled at him as he put the ring on my right hands ring finger since the left hand is where the wedding ring goes. But he is right, I've always wanted to do that but I've procrastinated the idea for a while now.

I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my hip. I pulled him into me and kissed him.
This boy right here is now mine, holy fuck.
                                     - - -
A little cute, over dramatic chapter. It kind of sucks lmao.
                                     - - -
Word count: 1441