Steve Rogers Prt. 2

You were at home playing with your proposal ring. You received news that Bucky fell off an enemy train and reported killed in action. That wasn't the worst, Steve decided to do one final mission. You were emotionless, laying on the floor with tears in your eyes and horrible thoughts in your head.
Your thoughts were interrupted by a knock on your door. You walked to your door and opened it to see a postal officer.
"Can I help you?" You asked.
"Are you Miss (Y/N)?" He questioned.
"Yes." You replied.
"This is for you Miss, I am truly sorry." He said, handing a letter before he left.
You opened it and saw the most awful words that you never wanted to here again.

Steven Rogers: Killed in action
Body not found
You dropped to the floor and cried. You couldn't have this, it was to much to bare. You looked at the envelope to see a note, which you read.
Dear (Y/N)
If you are reading this, I am gone.
I'm sorry that I didn't come back, I know you already had to suffer the loss of Buck.
When I wrote this didn't go on my mission yet, but I want you to know that I will return, killed in action or not. It is just a piece of paper. It might take some time, but I will get back to you...
One way or another
Love: Steve Rogers

You looked out the window and whispered to yourself.
"I hope you do."

*The 21st Century*

You wouldn't believe you were still alive. After the news of Steve you decided to join the military with Peggy and even became a legend that people would tell stories about.
You were also known that you were tested to be frozen to fight for the future and prove it to some people you could survive or something like that. You were frozen only a year or two after Steve was gone so you would be the same age as Steve when you were unfrozen. Shield found you, they were now unfreezing you and you immediately woke up. They gave you knew clothes and put you in a waiting area.
They said they were calling someone to show you around Avengers tower.
"Excuse me miss." A manly voice said from the entrance door.
"Yes?" I looked up and saw him. "Steve."
"(Y/N), it is you." He sighed in relief.
He ran to you and engulfed you in a big hug. He then grabbed your cheeks and kissed your face everywhere. Both of you were even crying.
"I tried so hard, I asked S.H.E.I.L.D. And even tried this thing called google. I..."
You stopped his rambling by gently pressing your lips to his. You didn't need excuses, you were here together now and that's all that mattered.
"You promised me one way or another, remember. I'm here now." You whispered.
Steve chuckled. He hugged you again but them jumped back in shock.
"What is it?" You asked.
He gave a cute smile as if a child got a pony.
"Hold on." He giggled.
He ran out the room then shoved a body inside when he came back. You looked to see your best friend but he now had a metal arm and longer hair.
"Bucky it's (Y/N), so you remember?" Steve said to Bucky.
"Steve, I was brainwashed. I might be old, but I don't have amnesia."
"Bucky, your alive too?" I asked.
"I'm the flesh," he laughed, "and maybe with a hint of metal."
You gave him a hug and a quick peck on the cheek. It was all peaceful again. Just the three of you. You let go of Bucky and looked towards the two old boys.
"So what have I missed?" You asked.
"Well there's this thing called Xbox, Footloose, a guy named Marshmallow, memes, Star Wars and internet. It's like a living nightmare." Bucky laughed.
"But we all know you like challenges, do you except?" Steve asked.
"Challenge Excepted!"