Logicality (High School AU)

"Okay, class quiet down, quiet down. Today I will be assisting everyone's partners." The teacher called across the room, His booming voice stretched out throughout the classroom, gripping everyone's attention.

"So let's start with the groups. Thomas and Joan, Virgil and Roman, Terrance and Talyn" (So sorry if I spell there names wrong. ) the teacher continued to keep calling names tell he came to the last pairing.

"And lastly Patton and Logan, you will begin brainstorming the project for the rest of class and begin the building of the project tomorrow." The teacher finished speaking then he sat down at his desk. Everyone got in there groups, yet Logan did not move a muscle. Patton then walked up to him with a bright smile.

"Hello Logan, so do you want to brainstorm?" Patton asked sheepishly yet with a cheery disposition.

"Yes, that would be satisfactory," Logan said looking up from his notebook, to see Patton bright sky blue eye's.

"So, I was thinking that for the national monument we could do the twin towers out of Popsicle sticks, or the Eiffel tower. What do you think? But if you don't like those then we can always do something else." Patton stated, then looked to Logan for his answer.

"I think that the twin towers would be adequate and we could do a very acceptable presentation with a lot of information about the towers, as well as 9/11," Logan stated as he began to take notes on ideas he had.

"Great? I have a design if you wanna look at it." Patton said reaching into his bag and pulled out his sketchbook. He then turned to the Twin tower blueprint that he had made. He designed it last week when we got finished with the assignment and was told about next week assignment, everyone else thought he was just doodling instead of doing his work.

"I would actually like to see what you have in mind for the Towers," Logan said as he stopped writing and then looked at the page on the back off the notebook that was facing him, it was a boy and very familiar boy, but Logan couldn't wrap his finger around it. 'That drawing is very detailed and very well drawn.' Logan thought.

"Oh okay!" Patton then tuned the book around and showed it to Logan. Logan was surprised at the detail of the Popsicle building blueprint.

"Wow. Those are really good. I didn't know you could draw." Logan said in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, there's a lot people don't know about me," Patton said with a smile, but Logan looked into his eyes and only saw sadness.

"What do you mean by that?" Logan asked as he look deeper into the sky blue eyes of his partner and friend. Only to see more and more emotion that he didn't know. The bell rang and everyone started packing there things and heading to lunch.

"Hey Logan do you want to meet after school, we can meet in the library to begin building the twin towers?" Patton asked as the sadness drifted from his eyes but never fully disappearing.

"Yeah that would be appreciated." Logan said as he begin to pack his things. Logan didn't understand why Patton wouldn't talk to him. They went to lunch and Logan sat at his usual table and read his book as he at his food. Patton sat with Virgil and Roman as per usual.

"Hey Patton I'm sorry you got stuck with Mr. Robot aka Logan." Roman said, which surprised Patton and at the rude comment.

"Roman he is not a robot, and that was very rude and mean to say about someone." Patton protested as he stood up gaining the attention of the table next to them.

"I didn't mean an ill-will by it Patton I was just..." Roman began before getting interrupted by Patton.

"You were just being mean and rude!" Patton said then began walking away, and out of the cafeteria.