Season 1, Chapter 2 - New Moon Part 2

"Are you okay?" Theo asked, seeing the blood run down his leg. Eli covered up his leg, "I'm fine. Adrenaline kicked in, I don't feel a thing," He said. "So, what are you going to do?" Theo asked. "I think I'm just going to go home man. I can't do the things you do. You're the athlete and I'm just the nerd," Eli said as he began to walk away. "Hey, being smart doesn't make you a nerd. You're not even a nerd to begin with. You're my best friend. I'll drop off your things later, don't be so hard on yourself," Theo said and walked back to the school field. "I suck at everything," Eli said to himself and began his walk home.

*Thirty Minutes Later*

Eli opened the door quietly and stepped inside trying to be sneaky but it didn't work as he heard the same voice from the morning, "Eli is that you?" Nana asked as she walked down the hall. She turned the hall to see Eli completely dressed in the lacrosse pads and blood running down his leg. "Are you okay?!" She said loudly walking towards him. "I'm fine, I'm fine. I just tripped on the way home. I'm gonna go shower," Eli said quickly as he dodged her and ran to the bathroom. "Ok..." Nana said awkwardly and sat down at the dinner table.

After Eli's shower. He was laying down in his bed reading a book until his door burst open once again. "Hey Honey. Can we talk?" Nana asked as she walked in and sat on the corner of the bed. "Yeah sure, what's up?" Eli asked as he sat up and placed the book on his nightstand. "I know what happened at the tryouts. Are you okay?" She asked. "Wait, how did you find out?" Eli asked. Nana pulled out her phone and showed him a video of him randomly running into the woods. Eli sighed and stood up. "I don't know what to do. Everyone literally looks at me like a little kid. No one likes me and everyone is always against me somehow. I thought being smart would make me cool but nothing works," Eli said with a stubborn look on his face as he paced around in his room trying to find a solution to his problem until he looked at his Nana with a weird smirk on her face. "Would you mind if I try something?" She asked. "I guess I'm open to solutions," Eli sighed. "Alright, close your eyes. I'll be right back," Nana said as she ran out of the room and dashed into the bathroom.

Eli sat on his bed and closed his eyes. All he heard in the background was his Nana throwing things all over the place until she finally finished and brought a large bin into the room. "Open your eyes," She said and placed the bin next to him. "Woah. How long have you been waiting for this?" Eli asked as he looked inside the bin to find scissors, hair gel, a water sprayer, clothing, and a oddly shaped box at the bottom. "A very long time. What should we do first, your hair, clothing?" She asked excitedly. "It doesn't matter to me," Eli shrugged and heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get that while you choose what to start with," Eli said as he pushed his glasses back and walked towards the living room. He opened the door to find Theo holding his backpack. "Hey Theo," Eli said as he put his hands in his pockets. "Sup, just wanted to drop off your things. How's the bite?" Theo asked.

"I actually haven't felt anything. It stopped bleeding I know that..." Eli said as he lifted the side of his shorts to find nothing. "Wait, What? What happened to the bite?" Theo asked as he saw nothing as well. "I have no idea. That's really weird," Eli said as he looked at his leg a couple times making sure the bite was completely gone. "Maybe we just saw it. Anyway, are you still coming later?" Theo asked as he placed his backpack near the front door. "I don't know anymore. Did you know that there's already a video of me running into the woods like a psychopath?" Eli said. "Yeah... Aaron is the one who posted it. He's on the team. Oh, coach wants the uniform back tomorrow by the way. Also, you think you're going to tomorrow's tryouts?" Theo asked. "I have no idea what I'm doing. I couldn't even get passed the defenders," Eli said softly. "I'll teach you after we go to the movies if you want. We can swing around to the open field in Mythic Park. I'll bring my lacrosse net and some extra sticks I got. It's a plan alright. I'll pick you up at six," Theo said as he smiled happily and jogged to his car. "I have just been forced to become a third wheel," Eli sighed as he closed the door and turned around to find his Nana with a smile, "Your hair is first," She smiled creepily and walked towards him. "Help me Jesus," Eli said looking up into the air.