Season 1, Chapter 9 - My Way

*One week has passed since the night of the attack. Luckily, Valerie and Theo didn't sustain any injuries. Sadly, the hospital has a lot of remodeling to do since a wall, multiple desks, paintings, and computers were trashed during the fight. Since then, Eli has been training his hardest to fend off against his killing urges so he can be ready for the full moon arriving soon. Theo went through his surgery and was able to make an outstanding recovery. Today was the day he was able to return to school.*

Eli was humming to music as he drove to school and then his phone silently rang next to him. He looked at it and answered, "Hello?" He asked. "Are you on the way to school?" Theo asked. "Yeah, I'm almost there. What's up?" Eli continued. "Can you come pick me up? I'm actually able to go now since I have a boot and a cast they insisted I would wear," Theo asked. "Yeah sure. I'll be right over in a minute," Eli said and hung up the phone.

Eli drove over to Theo's house to see his mother Jenny standing outside. "Hey!" Eli called out as he stepped out of the car and walked over to her. "Hey Eli. How you doing these days?" She asked with her hands in her jacket pockets. "Ok I guess. Haven't had my best bud around for a long time," Eli sighed. "Don't worry about that. I'm right here," Theo said as he limped out with his boot and a one handed stand to help him walk. "Well you boys head off to school or you'll be late. See ya," Jenny stated and walked inside. "Need help getting to the car?" Eli asked. "I don't need another mom," Theo chuckled as they walked to the car.

"I haven't seen you in a week. What's going on?" Theo asked as they drove to school. "A lot has happened since then. We've found a entrance to contacting Brian. It's pretty tough but we believe that every person on his team needs to be there to bring him back, but two to of them are dead. Which puts a needle into our plan," Eli mentioned as he took a right and parked in the parking lot. "Also, why did you not want me to tell Val about what happened?" Theo asked as he got his stand ready. "I can't tell you yet because I'm not sure. We just need to keep the supernatural stuff between us," Eli continued as he opened the doors and took a step out. "Alright then. How's the lacrosse going?" Theo asked. "Pretty bad. One of the bench kids plays as you and I'm gonna tell you right now. He sucks," ElI smiled and helped him out of the car. "So what's your next plan of action? I know that guy said something to you in the fight," Theo said as they walked towards the double doors of the school. The flashback of the fight replayed in his head. It was like the feeling of pain filled throughout his body and it suddenly ended as he heard the last words said by Nick. "I want you or I'll change your friends life," His words echoed in Eli's mind. "Time to talk to the enemy," Eli stated as he walked and Theo walked inside the school.

*After School Lacrosse Practice*

"Let's go guys! I need someone to do something right!" Coach yelled and snapped his clipboard in half. The guy with a number thirteen on his back dropped the ball and tripped over another player. His fall made three others tumble over and created a domino effect. Eli ran off the field and took off his helmet. "You need to get rid of Craig, Coach," Eli said. "I know but there's no other extra players. This is all we got," Coach sighed. "I would suggest taking a water break. The team is gonna kick his ass if they don't," Eli suggested and walked over to the bench with a bottle of water. "Why did you ask me to meet you here?" A girl asked from afar. Eli our on his helmet. "I need to talk to your alpha. One on one. Just to talk, not fight," He said. "Why the hell would he want to talk to you?" She asked. "Trust me, he wants to talk to me... Kelsee," Eli said as he looked over his shoulder and made eye contact with her sitting far away. Her heartbeat skipped lightly as she was showing a surprised expression. "When did he get so damn confident?" She asked herself. Next, she jumped off the benches and walked away.