Chapter - 4

[Darshan]:
(flashback)
I was in a good mood, but she ruined it. Seeing her again after so long, made me angrier. I sat on the couch and scrolled down my instagram feed when the doorbell rang again. I rolled my eyes and went to look who it was. "I swear, if it's her again. Then I'll end up losing my temper", I uttered to myself. When I opened the door and looked out, my eyes widened. It was not her but Shubh stood outside with his face reflecting anger. "Darshan I need to talk to you and this time, you have to listen it", he snapped in anger. I said nothing and started closing the door. He placed his hand on the edge of the door. Although I didn't like him but I was not that cruel to close the door with his hand in between. I pulled the door and shouted, "What?". "If you don't want to create a scene in front of everyone, I think you should allow me in", he said. I moved away from the door for him to come inside and trust me, I hated that. He closed the door and walked towards me.
"Darshan what the hell is wrong with you? She just wanted to talk to you and you didn't even listen to her", he angrily said. "If you are here to talk about this, then you can leave", I said in disgust and looked away. "No, I'll not. I'll not go anywhere without telling you the truth", he calmly added. "And what's that? That both of you are dating, planning to marry eachother and live happily, right? Then let me live in peace too, please, I beg you", I said and clapped my hands in a dramatic way. "Yes, that's your problem Darshan. You don't want to listen to anyone. You think that what you imagine is the truth but my friend, it isn't. Because of your over thinking, you left her an year ago and today, when she needs you the most, you are doing the same and mark my words, this time if you'll let her go, she won't come back, ever", he said and his voice faded away in the end. I gave him a confused look as he continued, "Darshan look, now I won't beat around the bush, I'll tell you everything. She is going to die". My lower jaw fell as I heard his last sentence. "What", I exclaimed. "Yes, she has spinal cancer. The doctors say that she don't have much time.... She still loves you and she needs you in these last few days of her life. Maybe not as a lover, but if possible, please stay with her only as a friend", he softly said. Tears settled down on my waterline and shivers went down my spine. I couldn't believe my ears and desperately wanted him to break down into a loud laghter and tell me that her was joking, but he didn't. I fell on my knees and tears rolled down my cheeks. He sat in front of me and continued, "Darshan please be nice to her and try to spend some time with her, after all it's a matter of just a few days", and something inside me shattered into a million peaces.
(flashback ends)

(Happy New Year guys!!)