Chapter - 25

[Darshan]:
"What do you actually want to say? Because I am sure, you haven't come all the way from Mumbai, just to say all this", her dad said. This time his voice was very soft as compared to what I heard on phone, maybe my words melted his heart. I was very nervous to say what I actually wanted to, I didn't feel so nervous even in my job interview as I was feeling at that time. I took a deep breath and gathered the courage to say it. "During her last breaths, I was there with her in the hospital and she asked something from me. She wanted that if I'll ever have a daughter, I'll name her Naina, because she always wanted to call her daughter by that name and I promised her that I will", I said and took a pause. I could see tears in her mother's eyes. "I loved her a lot and now, I can't marry someone else because the love I gave her and I wanted to always give her, I won't be able to give it to someone else. If I'll marry anyone, I won't be able to give her the love, she'll deserve", I said and hung my head low. "What do you want from us", her mother asked, her voice was low. I looked up towards her, she was crying. "Please don't cry ma'am", I said."I want to fulfill Aaruhi's wish and I need your permission for that", I added. "Why do you need our permission in naming your daughter?",her father asked and raised his eyebrow. "Because I don't want to name only my daughter",I said and both of them gave me even more confused look than before."I want to name my and Aaruhi's daughter", I cleared and their eyes popped out. "I want to be called as Aaruhi's husband and I want Naina to be called as Aaruhi's daughter. I want to fulfill her wish of giving the name Aaruhi to 'her' daughter. I need your permission for that, I need your permission before the world calls me her husband", I added. "But how? I mean how can you be called so? Everyone knows that she wasn't married", his dad asked. "We can say that I and Aaruhi did a court marriage and you guys knew about it, but we didn't want anyone else to know about it", I suggested. Both of them shared a conversation for sometime, they were too low to be heard. I crossed my fingers and looked down hoping for a reply in my favor. "When are you bringing my granddaughter to meet me?", her mom asked. I looked up towards her, she beared a beautiful ear to ear smile, so her dad did. "Very soon", I said and softly nodded my head as tears started settling on my waterline.

(And for the first time ever, I cried while writing something. Yes, I don't know about you guys, but these chapters made me cry)