Chapter - 26

[Darshan]:
For a few days, my family was the topic of gossip for all the aunties and why not, I married all of a sudden and though my parents knew that, they didn't tell anyone. After everything was back to normal on both the sides, all the aunties had got another thing to gossip about, I brought Naina home. She was only a few weeks old. Both my moms - my and Aaruhi's mom - helped me a lot in taking Naina's care. They used to stay a month each and both the dads - my and Aaruhi's dad - used to come occasionally. We never told her that she was 'adopted', we always gave her all the love and there were times when I myself used to forget the reality. I still remember, when she first asked about her mom. She had just started speaking and could barely say a complete sentence. "Wh....wher....i....ma", she struggled to speak, and I told her that she lived in America because of her office work. Each time she used to ask about her, she used to get the same reply. Once when she badly wanted to talk to her and she cried and screamed, I had no other option left than to make her talk to her mom-which was impossible. I called Neha, she used to live in America and she was the only person Naina had never seen. I explained her everything and she used to have phone calls and video calls with Naina as her mother. Naina used to scold her for not coming and meeting her and for not calling her too, actually that was obvious. I was glad that she was too young to understand the fact that a mother can't live without talking to her children and leaving them alone for so long, specially when they were Naina's age. There were times when Neha used to come and visit us, and in those days, Naina's happiness used to be at another level. I always waited for the right time to tell her the truth about her mom and always ended up rejecting the thought as she was too young to be told that, but one day when I was talking to my mom, she convinced me to tell Naina the truth as she was 5 years old now and it was not good to hide the truth from her for so long, she should know. That day in the evening, I decided to tell her, not the entire thing, but at least 90% of it. No matter how old she grows, we always had to hide from her the fact that she was adopted, so I had to hide the real reason of Aaruhi's death too.