Chapter - 21

[Darshan]:
I sat on a steel bench outside the immergency ward, my hands were badly shivering and my heart beat was at the highest peak. Her loud cries and tear filled eyes were continuously in my mind and with every passing second, my heart sank an inch deeper. "It's okay, everything is fine, it's just a fit, she's fine", I said and tried to console myself. I dugged my face in my hands and let out heavy breaths. "She's fine", I repeated and sat up straight. 'The doctors say that she don't have much time, last few days of her life, it's a matter of just a few days' Shubh's words started echoing in my mind and I cursed myself for it. I tightly closed my eyes and tried to remove all the negative thoughts from my mind, and tears somehow found out their way from my closed eyes. "Darshan", a female voice reached my ears. I opened my eyes and through my watery eyes, I could make out that Priti and Shubh stood in front of me. I stood up, my legs felt too weak to bare my weight and I felt like I would fall down any moment. "Aa...Aaruhi..", I tried to say but my voice broke, and a waterfall of tears originated from my eyes. Priti cupped my face and said, "It's okay Darshan, she'll be fine", wiping off my tears. I hugged her tightly and buried my face in her shoulder. "It's okay Darshan, you have to be strong", she said and rubbed my back. I broke the hug and stood straight. "Can you please bring some water", Shubh asked Priti. "Ya", she replied and left. "Darshan are you okay?", he asked and I shook my head in disagreement, looking towards the floor. He placed his hand under my chin and forced me to look up. His eyes were watery too. "First of all, stop crying",  he softly said. "You yourself are about to cry and asking me to stop", I added and he forced a smile. "Did you tell her your feelings?", he asked. "Was about to", I replied and swallowed hard. "Be strong, I am sure there's a lot of time, you can tell her afterwards", he consoled me and himself as well, and tapped my shoulder. The doctor came out with his eyes low, looking towards the floor. "What happened? She's fine", I hurriedly asked. "I think you should spend some time with her", he replied, his voice was low. "What do you mean?", I asked and furrowed my eyebrows. "I am sorry but, I have earlier told you that she has only few days, and right now, it is all very complicated. So now, anytime...", he added. "What you mean by anytime?", I snapped. "Darshan, cool down", Shubh said. "You go inside, talk to her", he added. I opened the door and the moment I laid my eyes on Aaruhi, lying on the bed with an oxygen mask and several needles pearced in her skin, I felt too weak to walk even a single step. I felt like I had forgotten how to walk. I slowly managed to move towards her and sat down on a stool besides her bed. She calmly lied with her eyes closed. I did my best to stop my tears from flowing in front of her. I held her hand, kissed the back of it and sandwiched it between my hands. She slowly opened her eyes and looked towards me. "Darshan", she called out from behind the oxygen mask. I shook my head, "Darsh", I said and forced a smile. "Darsh, I'm sorry", she said. "Why are you sorry? I'm sorry. I gave you so much pain, I did so wrong with you", I added and tightly bit my lower lip to prevent tears from coming out. She lip synced something, although I understood but pretended like I didn't... Although I didn't want to pretend anything and just reply her back but still I pretended because I knew that was what she wanted. "What?", I asked and raised my eyebrow, she repeated her actions. "What do you want to say Aaruhi? Can't you say aloud? I can't understand", I said. "I love you, idiot", she added making me chuckle. "I love you too", I said and couldn't stop tears from coming out and Shubh and Priti entered the room. I blessed them for entering at the perfect time. They came and started talking to her and I turned around to hide my tears, I rubbed them off and stood up to leave. "Where are you going?", Priti asked. "Have to fill a form", I lied without looking back and left before anyone stopes me again.

(Okay so actually I didn't want to post it today but I couldn't stop myself and I ended up doing, and that too, a lot of it...

Silent readers, please wake up. Do vote or comment, love/hate/views everything's accepted.

Next part after 10 comments only😉😋)