Chapter - 5

[Darshan]:
Tears started settling on my waterline as I thought about Shubh's words. "How are you?", I asked and sniffed in. "Hmm, okay okay. Living on medicines. Sometimes when my back pains horribly then the pain killers are my savior", she replied. "Ya, and the doctor has told you to keep your back straight to avoid some pain, but right now you were lying down on the table, forming a 'L' shape of your back", I scolded her and she smiled and bit her tongue.

[Aaruhi]:
I and Darshan were alone in my apartment as Priti and Shubh had gone out to bring some food from the restaurant. We talked for a few minutes but now an awkward silence existed between the two of us and he was busy in his phone while I played with a ring in my finger. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to ask him about Shruti, but I couldn't gather the courage to talk to him about her as I don't know why but I feared that he'll end up fighting with me and I didn't want to lose him again. "Guys please come fast", I said in my mind and mentally cursed Shubh and Priti because I knew they were delaying so that I could spend time with Darshan, but they didn't know what's happening here. I badly wanted to talk to Darshan, so breaking the silence, I finally asked him, "So you have decided that you'll stay here only so what about Shruti?" He looked up from his phone's screen but didn't look at me. "What do mean?", he said and slowly turned to his side to face me. "When will you meet and spend time with her? You should pay attention to her after all she is your girl...", I managed to say but he interrupted me. "No", he said. "She isn't anymore", he added. "Can I ask the reason", I curiously asked. "It lost the spark in it", he said and looked away. I fell silent, I wondered who to change the topic and start another conversation that makes him feel good. "Infact, it never had it", he added staring at his phone.